When,what, and how to get anemones!?!

TeenReeferJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey it’s Jayson here again. I have started to take an interest in anemones. I know my take is on the two month mark in about a week. And I was wanting to know what the requirements and how long my tank would have to be operational in order for me to get and the anemone. I would like to get a couple bubble tip anemones. If you have any suggestions on what I need how long I should wait please let me know

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The typical rule is to wait at least six months before adding an anemone, all though it is best to wait longer to allow the tank to mature and become stable for something as delicate as an anemone. What kind of lighting do you have? Anemones need strong lights to stay colorful and healthy. BTAs also like medium to high flow.

OP
OP
TeenReeferJ

TeenReeferJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The typical rule is to wait at least six months before adding an anemone, all though it is best to wait longer to allow the tank to mature and become stable for something as delicate as an anemone. What kind of lighting do you have? Anemones need strong lights to stay colorful and healthy. BTAs also like medium to high flow.
I have a AI prime HD.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back