When's the last time you bought/sold live goods, dry goods or equipment from/to a fellow hobbyist?

The last time you bought or sold live goods, dry goods or equipment from or to a fellow hobbyist?

• TODAY

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Past Week

Votes: 111 28.0%
  • Past Month

Votes: 73 18.4%
  • Past 3 Months

Votes: 40 10.1%
  • Past 6 Months

Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Past 12 months

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • 1+ Years

Votes: 41 10.4%
  • Never

Votes: 64 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MONDAY...MONDAY...MONDAY! It's Monday just in case you didn't know! Happy Monday! :p

This week we're going to be focusing on topics pertaining to "Hobbyists Selling & Trading of Corals and Equipment." Should have some interesting stuff to talk about! Let's start off with some standard questions!

1. When is the last time that you PURCHASED live goods, dry goods or equipment from a fellow hobbyist?

2. When is the last time that you SOLD live goods, dry goods or equipment to a fellow hobbyist?

Tell us what you bought or sold as well please!

image via @CoralAddict645
98D2CB7C-78AA-4909-8167-C35AABF41BF5.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Both within the last month
I’ve always had success with buying and selling on the forum

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@F i s h y HOOKED IT UP with some sweet frags. Gave me 1 green hairy mushroom, that is now 3 separate mushrooms. Gotta get back down there and grab me another bta but gotta get that pH up a bit first I think, and some nem guards. LOL.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought some phyto and pods from a user on here last week, which should ship tomorrow. I seem to buy something from someone on the forum at least every month if not more frequent.

I have never sold anything.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You missed one option: Never

edit: It's not that I'm opposed to it, just that my location makes it very difficult to connect with possible sellers, and I like to see what I'm buying if its used.

Last edited:

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week actually, first time buying used equip ever. Bought an entire 72 gallon bow drilled tank/stand/hood for refurb from a local moving sale. Have to toss all of the equipment though!

Haven't sold any used since we broke down our last tank in 2013.

..not a big market locally for used equip in AK..

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a trade today, well was. I think something came up at the guy's work or his wife's work. IDK I can't wait to get back to his house. He has a back shed with just corals. Fantastic guy. Probably end up doing the trade late this week.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to sell my wife (dry goods) but no one was interested?
But seriously folks, I did just purchase an 80 gallon tank, stand, sump (that I set up for her!) from a hobbyist and she is very happy. (Wait til she reads this post.)

I've been giving my frags and splits to my buddy who owns a LFS to sell (times are tough) but I have sold stuff years ago.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I purchase dry goods and frags routinely off of the R2R forum (last week, the week prior and the week prior...seriously).

I have not sold anything (yet), but do have several frags that need to find a new home...running out of room.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I tried to sell my wife (dry goods) but no one was interested?
But seriously folks, I did just purchase an 80 gallon tank, stand, sump (that I set up for her!) from a hobbyist and she is very happy. (Wait til she reads this post.)

I've been giving my frags and splits to my buddy who owns a LFS to sell (times are tough) but I have sold stuff years ago.
Bet you didn’t post pics and under white lighting

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold a tank on here with no issues. I normally don't sell anything because I absolutely can't stand lowballers. I own a service type business and I'm always dealing with people wanting a discount of some kind so it irritates me because I deal with it daily. If someone wants to beat me up on price I'm done with them. When I do sell I let the buyer know up front the item is priced to sell and I'm not going to negotiate take it or leave it. I mean you don't contact Amazon trying to get something for $5 less or ask the grocery to knock $50 off your bill...

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. When is the last time that you PURCHASED live goods, dry goods or equipment from a fellow hobbyist?
Last week - I purchased a replacement pump for my ATO off of a nearby reefer. Just about all of my coral is from local hobbyists.

2. When is the last time that you SOLD live goods, dry goods or equipment to a fellow hobbyist?

This weekend. I sold a few zoa frags and I still have a few more that will go this week. I regularly sell or give away frags of coral that I need to trim.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a purple Cespitularia from a fellow hobbyist last month, its something that I have never seen in any LFS so I had to have it.

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold a tank on here with no issues. I normally don't sell anything because I absolutely can't stand lowballers. I own a service type business and I'm always dealing with people wanting a discount of some kind so it irritates me because I deal with it daily. If someone wants to beat me up on price I'm done with them. When I do sell I let the buyer know up front the item is priced to sell and I'm not going to negotiate take it or leave it. I mean you don't contact Amazon trying to get something for $5 less or ask the grocery to knock $50 off your bill...
Oh man I can’t agree with you more. I also have the same issues my business occasionally and it makes me so mad when people try to negotiate. Like, no, I don’t have time to do your job then. What type of service biz do you have? I’m sure you’re busy right now too.

Same with selling reef goods. When people lowball me, I just ignore it until the right buyer comes along.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back