Where can I buy chaeto?

Bonsai reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
320
Reaction score
309
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Where do I buy chaeto from, Online or LFS? Can LFS chaeto contain unwanted parasites? Anything to be done(treatment) before introducing to the refugium?
 
I have bought Cheato from one of the most well know LFS and got pest. The only place I know that has labeled pest free is algae barn.
 
I have bought Cheato from one of the most well know LFS and got pest. The only place I know that has labeled pest free is algae barn.

Thanks, I checked aglaebarn but they are currently out of it. Have subscribed for notification when they have it. Will wait till then.
 
I bought some from mitch91175, pest free and grows like a weed!

IPSF is a great resource for captive bred macros and other critters if you need more than the chaeto.
 
Need to figure out but the cleanliness question remains.
It does. I don't have much in the way of pests. No aptasia, but I have had some bubble algae. Mostly gone now. It's a struggle to keep it that way. I give away Chaeto all the time, but if I need any, I buy it... from Algae Barn.

It'll be back in stock eventually.

Even if you don't trust your local reefing crew to provide clean chaeto, it's still a huge benifit to be involved.

Wish I had one. Small town. There was a group about an hour away, but it's gone now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new