Where can I buy these ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sishooter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sishooter

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2017
Messages
40
Reaction score
41
Location
WEST NEW YORK, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
769506b0123eb66a30a66ef8fdd6b46f.jpg

What’s the name of these small rocks underneath maxima clams??? I always see these at LFS and can’t find them online? Name and who sells them??? Anyone??
 
What’s the name of these small rocks underneath maxima clams??? I always see these at LFS and can’t find them online? Name and who sells them??? Anyone??
 
769506b0123eb66a30a66ef8fdd6b46f.jpg

What’s the name of these small rocks underneath maxima clams??? I always see these at LFS and can’t find them online? Name and who sells them??? Anyone??
Commonly called crushed coral
 
I agree with Hemmdog, this is crushed coral.
Back in the days before Carribsea, this was the most common substrate in SW aquariums. It is a total detritus trap. Almost impossible to vacuum effectively. It all but went away with the introduction of Carribsea medium sized sand. Some LFS's may still carry bags of crushed coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new