Where can I find this online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LadyTang2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LadyTang2

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2019
Messages
743
Reaction score
341
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see these round brain coral in public aquariums, but its hard to recognize frags of this. Where can I get something that will grow into this and does it become round on its own or do you need a perfectly round for it to be on?


1582404441693.png
 
That is the growth form of a maze brain coral that has been grown on the sand bed from day one. Buy a frag and grow it out on the sand is the long route. Otherwise shop for poeple breaking down older tanks.
 
That is the growth form of a maze brain coral that has been grown on the sand bed from day one. Buy a frag and grow it out on the sand is the is the long route. Otherwise shop for poeple breaking down older tanks.
If I have a goby spitting sand on it will it do ok?
 
Most, if not all favia, favites and maze brains will take this growth form on the sand. They need plenty of unobstructed light and little interferance from other corals.
 
Goby probably wont bother it. Unless its constantly getting buried. As long as its getting enough flow to help keep it clean.
 
They grow better if they are not getting bumped around. Best too glue them too a decent size roundish rock and keep the base rock buried in sand.
 
And be prepared to wait about 20 years....
 
I see these round brain coral in public aquariums, but its hard to recognize frags of this. Where can I get something that will grow into this and does it become round on its own or do you need a perfectly round for it to be on?


1582404441693.png
looks like diploria labyrinthiformis, a Caribbean coral, protected and illegal to harvest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new