Where do you keep your equipment?

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There always post of people showing off their aquarium but never of where they keep the stuff that keeps that aquarium looking awesome!

Here mine, new to the hobby so here's my basic essentials still working on getting everything, would like to improve on it in the future. Maybe somehow make a casing for my metal frame stand.

Inside theres:

Refractometer

Squirt bottle for the mangroves

Filter Floss

SeaChem Stability(Love this stuff)

Seachem Prime

Marineland Carbon(Hate this stuff its too fine and comes out of filter bags)

Chopsticks(for poking around inside the sand bed and moving stuff)

Fluval water changing mat (Free stuffffff)

API test kit

Salifert Calcium and Alkalinity test kit

Selcon

Glass cleaning magnet/scraper with stick

PS excuse the terrible cable management ran out of zipties

20180422_101640.jpg

20180422_105228.jpg

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water making/mixing station and stand for QT in the garage - always way too messy to even think of showing a photo. Near the DT I have part of an IKEA cabinet dedicated to testing kits, scrapers, feeding squirt, etc.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water making/mixing station and stand for QT in the garage - always way too messy to even think of showing a photo. Near the DT I have part of an IKEA cabinet dedicated to testing kits, scrapers, feeding squirt, etc.
I want a QT tank but after spending so much money just getting started cant imagine dropping another $300 on a QT tank.. Gonna have to wait. And not sure where ill put it.

I was thinking about buying shelves for the my products but I wont want my cat jumping on em.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a QT tank but after spending so much money just getting started cant imagine dropping another $300 on a QT tank.. Gonna have to wait. And not sure where ill put it.

I was thinking about buying shelves for the my products but I wont want my cat jumping on em.

QT is critical - and can be done much cheaper than you think. Even a 15G aquarium starter kit with a simple light and HOB filter is fine for any fish you'd get for that tank. I think mine was maybe $30.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You all are killing me, a basement sump opens me up to so many possibilities!!! I’ve been working through a water changing station but still having to move the water upstairs was not ideal. A basement sump would fix all of that.

Anyway, one of my tanks is a 65 with a sump in the cabinet. I have it in a corner and to hide all my power packs, WiFi bridge, apex power strip and other power strips, I built a corner cabinet that goes behind the stand and has all the wires other other items noted in there out of the main cabinet. I have a black shower curtain to keep the light from the refugium in the main cabinet so I don’t see it at night. That curtain hangs in the back of the main cabinet. It’s worked out nicely and given me more room in my main cabinet.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT is critical - and can be done much cheaper than you think. Even a 15G aquarium starter kit with a simple light and HOB filter is fine for any fish you'd get for that tank. I think mine was maybe $30.
Also not sure where I would store it.. maybe under my tank?

But then theres my kitten that would probably get in

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep mine where there is space ;Smuggrin

For the frag tank everything is under the tank itself:
IMG_0106.JPG

For the display mostly everything is under the tank (except my Alkatronic which is on the top of the canopy)
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG

For the test kits and other small miscellaneous stuff, I keep in 3 cabinets a few feet from the DT:
IMG_0108.JPG

Water change station in the garage:
IMG_0109.JPG

(with more storage above it and more cabinets on the other side but bigger that the 2 above (I keep all boxes, empty containers - I culture my own phyto, etc there).

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had a basement!!

So do I but you have to make due with what space you do have and try to plan it the best you can. For instance, I went with a taller stand because I knew that the wife wouldn't let me put stuff outside the tank. That allowed me to mount stuff to the top of the inside of the stand and also still have space to put stuff on the bottom as well.

If you have a well-built canopy and you do not need to take it off (hopefully not because that would suck), then you could put some light weight stuff on it (great place for a doser, containers, Alkatronic :D).

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also a basement sump room..................
sump.jpg

.....any my super top secret equipment cabinet................

Equipment.jpg

Waters, PLEASE put a center brace on that top shelf. Every time I look at it I am thinking, "That's gonna break" :(.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back