Fish: 3
Cleanup Crew: 10

Return Pump: Innovative Marine MightyJet 326
UV Sterilizer: Taishan 3 Watt Mini UV
Skimmer: Bubble Magus MiniQ
BioMedia: Marine Pure Spheres and Gems
Filtration: Chemi-Pure Blue and Seachem Purigen
Wavemakers: 2X Jebao SLW-3 Wave Maker 660GPH - Run full out
Heating: Inkbird 306T - Aqueon 100W Pre-Set - Aquatop 25W (Secondary)
Lighting: Noo Psyche K7 Mini
ATO: Reefbreeders Prism ATO
Primary Testing: Red Sea Test Kits - Temp, Salinity, NH3,NH4,NO3,NO2,pH,KH, Ca,KH,Mg
Dosing: Daily 1mL All For Reef with Kamoer X1 Pump
Feeding (Broadcast ) 1ml Red Sea ReefEnergy AB+ (Manual) Custom Frozen Mix
Vitamins: Brightwell CoralAmino, Brightwell Replenish
Dipping: Coral RX​

I finally completed my office build so I have had time to get my new 20 started. I have been wanting for years to put a tank in the bedroom and have never got around to it. I have a great little seating area in the bedroom where we get dressed in the morning or take office calls when we are at home. It's an awesome little spot to sit and watch a tank and it's been calling to me. I've also long wanted to put up a tank that features lots of Acans, so the is the perfect opportunity to knock both of these projects off the checklist.

I chose the 20 because its fits perfect in the space I have. I knew how much real estate I had to deal with and set myself a strict width and depth limit to make sure I don't eat up the space too much. With the size I have to work with it put me in between tank sizes. I couldn't find a tank the size of the stand space I had. I did have an option for a Fiji tank but i'm not putting that money out when there are great options for much better prices. What I settled on was a stand slightly bigger than the tank. This works out awesome for me because I love my organized storage and its important to me, it also gives me a lip to set things on when i'm working on the tank or just sitting and lounging.

Front Low.png

The center and front of the tank is dedicated to the brain and the ATO. I wanted a switch panel for feeding and maintenance but don't really think I need a controller for and easy LPS dominated tank.nI can always add one in the future by replacing and reorganizing the center panel. I ran out of cable grommets which is why you see the hole there that I added for future expansion.
Left.png

The left side is just storage for food, test kits, miscellaneous supplies etc. Los too the stuff in there now will be taken out because I don't use it. I make my own food so a bunch of this was left over from the last batch I made. I had originally planned to dose with Red Sea 3 part when I started because that's what I know, but I think now I am going to use All For Reef. I picked up some at ARC when I was visiting buffalo this week for work. It's just going to work well for my space, hopefully it works well for the tank. I do weekly 3 gallon water changes starting now.

right.png

The right side of the tank is where the Kamoer F1 dosing pump and container are going to live. I'll figure out what I need to dose over the coming months. I set this tank up about a month ago using seed rock from a previous build and ran Microbacter for two weeks. Went through typical Diatoms and Nitrate spike and all is good. Just added a couple small frags. About two weeks in I added a neon goby and the other day I added a pair of tiny flaming prawns and a Talbots Damsel. Another week or so and I will have frags coming from the AquaSD sale. If anything goes haywire I have my other tank I can fall back onto for a place to put livestock.

Equipment in here has been pretty straightforward. It's the stock pump running full tilt with a Jeboa SLW 3 in it for now until I get a Nero 3 going. For lights it has a Kessil A80 sitting on top because I had it, but I will be swapping this out for a hydra eventually. I've been a kessil fan my whole career but I've been watching the work the Hydras are doing in my LFS and they are pretty nice. Gunna miss that shimmer though.

In the back is an In-Tank Filter floss holder on the left with a bag of Matric below it. Theres an In-Tank basket on the right with chemicals pure elite and purigen. My skimmer compartment holds a Bubble Magus Mini Q skimmer but that sucker is going bye bye. I want to like this skimmer so much, but I cannot defeat the micro bubbles after a month of trying to let it break in. I'll probably put an Eshopps Nano in there, I get great results from it on my office tank. I have one more chamber available if I want it, been thinking about doing a fuge in there but it's probably overkill for now.

Right now im just on the lookout for another fish or two. Im into stuff you don't see everyday. I love my Talbots and my flaming prawns, but the prawns almost don't count they are so small and cryptic. From there it's just about adding corals as I see fit and watching them grow out so I can design everything else around them. Looking forward to the future with this one.

FRONT.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
MDAquatics

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new challenge is with the Acans themselves. Im getting mixed opinions on how to grow little domes. I haven't really messed with acans too much before. So far I have been told to grow them on the sand, on a square plug in the sand, on a piece of rubble on the sand as well as just popping on their final destination rock and letting them all grow in together which doesn't suit me because Im going for domes.

OP
OP
MDAquatics

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new challenge is with the Acans themselves. Im getting mixed opinions on how to grow little domes. I haven't really messed with acans too much before. So far I have been told to grow them on the sand, on a square plug in the sand, on a piece of rubble on the sand as well as just popping on their final destination rock and letting them all grow in together which doesn't suit me because Im going for domes.
Any help on this?

OP
OP
MDAquatics

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things have been going well with the tank. I'm still not completely satisfied with the skimmer, but I really want to love it so I am gunna keep trying.

I have some planned upgrades to the filtration. Right now I have a filter floss holder on the left overflow but I'm replacing that with a media basket that will hold floss, purigen and a mix of MarinePure spheres and gems in that order. The right side overflow will hold floss, chemipure blue and a mix of MarinePure spheres and games in that order.

618u5uVoBBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81VzP-YxGTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81owVMWagTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The second chamber on the right is going to hold an In-Tank fuge basket that is also going to hold a mix of MarinePure spheres and gems. My thought here is that I am going to overload it with bio media to try and get some good stability. I can always switch out the fuse basket media for chaeto or a small reactor down the line if I feel like I need to, I know there are a variety of them that will fit.

41iMqf+YRWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
81nfY2l4SrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61GFLgTBZkL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Other than that Ive been cleaning up the design as far as organization and wire or what not. Just enjoying it and shot a few feeding videos recently.

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine 20G Nuvo Fusion 2
System: 20 Gallons
ATO: 2.5 gallons
Mixed Reef: Soft, LPS
Corals: 20+

Skimmer: Eshopps Nano
BioMedia: Seachem Matrix 500 mL
Filtration: Chemi-Pure Elite and Seachem Purigen
Lighting: Kessil A80 Tuna Blue with Spectral Controller
Primary Testing: Red Sea Test Kits - Temp, Salinity, NH3,NH4,NO3,NO2,pH,KH, Ca,KH,Mg
Dosing: Daily 1mL All For Reef with Kamoer F1 Pump

I finally completed my office build so I have had time to get my new 20 started. I have been wanting for years to put a tank in the bedroom and have never got around to it. I have a great little seating area in the bedroom where we get dressed in the morning or take office calls when we are at home. It's an awesome little spot to sit and watch a tank and it's been calling to me. I've also long wanted to put up a tank that features lots of Acans, so the is the perfect opportunity to knock both of these projects off the checklist.

I chose the 20 because its fits perfect in the space I have. I knew how much real estate I had to deal with and set myself a strict width and depth limit to make sure I don't eat up the space too much. With the size I have to work with it put me in between tank sizes. I couldn't find a tank the size of the stand space I had. I did have an option for a Fiji tank but i'm not putting that money out when there are great options for much better prices. What I settled on was a stand slightly bigger than the tank. This works out awesome for me because I love my organized storage and its important to me, it also gives me a lip to set things on when i'm working on the tank or just sitting and lounging.

Front Low.png

The center and front of the tank is dedicated to the brain and the ATO. I wanted a switch panel for feeding and maintenance but don't really think I need a controller for and easy LPS dominated tank.nI can always add one in the future by replacing and reorganizing the center panel. I ran out of cable grommets which is why you see the hole there that I added for future expansion.
Left.png

The left side is just storage for food, test kits, miscellaneous supplies etc. Los too the stuff in there now will be taken out because I don't use it. I make my own food so a bunch of this was left over from the last batch I made. I had originally planned to dose with Red Sea 3 part when I started because that's what I know, but I think now I am going to use All For Reef. I picked up some at ARC when I was visiting buffalo this week for work. It's just going to work well for my space, hopefully it works well for the tank. I do weekly 3 gallon water changes starting now.

right.png

The right side of the tank is where the Kamoer F1 dosing pump and container are going to live. I'll figure out what I need to dose over the coming months. I set this tank up about a month ago using seed rock from a previous build and ran Microbacter for two weeks. Went through typical Diatoms and Nitrate spike and all is good. Just added a couple small frags. About two weeks in I added a neon goby and the other day I added a pair of tiny flaming prawns and a Talbots Damsel. Another week or so and I will have frags coming from the AquaSD sale. If anything goes haywire I have my other tank I can fall back onto for a place to put livestock.

Equipment in here has been pretty straightforward. It's the stock pump running full tilt with a Jeboa SLW 3 in it for now until I get a Nero 3 going. For lights it has a Kessil A80 sitting on top because I had it, but I will be swapping this out for a hydra eventually. I've been a kessil fan my whole career but I've been watching the work the Hydras are doing in my LFS and they are pretty nice. Gunna miss that shimmer though.

In the back is an In-Tank Filter floss holder on the left with a bag of Matric below it. Theres an In-Tank basket on the right with chemicals pure elite and purigen. My skimmer compartment holds a Bubble Magus Mini Q skimmer but that sucker is going bye bye. I want to like this skimmer so much, but I cannot defeat the micro bubbles after a month of trying to let it break in. I'll probably put an Eshopps Nano in there, I get great results from it on my office tank. I have one more chamber available if I want it, been thinking about doing a fuge in there but it's probably overkill for now.

Right now im just on the lookout for another fish or two. Im into stuff you don't see everyday. I love my Talbots and my flaming prawns, but the prawns almost don't count they are so small and cryptic. From there it's just about adding corals as I see fit and watching them grow out so I can design everything else around them. Looking forward to the future with this one.

FRONT.png
Cabinet organization is top notch, well done.

OP
OP
MDAquatics

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some big updates took place with many more on the way. Added way more bio filtration with Marine Pure in a second basket as well a a fuge basket. I remade the scape because I was so unhappy with it and added a couple bonus corals. Everything going well for the most part!

aggiejames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is this light working out for you? I just launched a nuvo 20 today at work. My first tank. If you like the light can you share settings?

Last edited:

Ianderson80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine 20G Nuvo Fusion 2
System: 20 Gallons
ATO: 2.5 gallons
Mixed Reef: Soft, LPS
Corals: 20+

Skimmer: Bubble Magus MiniQ
BioMedia: Marine Pure Spheres and Gems
Filtration: Chemi-Pure Blue and Seachem Purigen
Lighting: Noo Psyche K7 Mini
Dosing: Daily 1mL All For Reef with Kamoer X1 Pump

Front Low.png

Left.png

right.png

FRONT.png
Kinda jealous how neat it looks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back