Where do you mount your VorTechs?

You asked where everyone mounted them. We're all entitled to our opinions. I mount mine in the trash.
 
Love the VorTechs and have used them for years. I have one that is about 10 years old and have replaced the wet side once. Hate wires in the tank. Have always mounted them on opposite ends, but thinking about trying two or three of them on the back of my 125, should I ever get water in it. :-)
 
I run 2 MP40's on the back wall of my 80g, bottom corners, 85% Reefcrest Anti-Synch. You can get an idea from this picture.

2018-10-26 FTS.jpg

@DivingTheWorld do you have any issues with them kicking up sand down that low?
 
Here is what I ended up with.

MP60’s on the ends, 2 MP40’s on the back.

e963a104736f75ea23da7b7540ab4a97.jpg





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 
How many MP40 or Mp60 need and where to mount them? my tank is 150gal (48"x30"x24"high) center overflow on the middle back.

I been using two MP40 that mount on the back wall on each side of the overflow but I don't have much flow in the middle front where the overflow box.
I also mount one on each side of the side wall but it hard to keep the glass clean and fell two does not have enough flow for each end of the back conner eventhough I run it up to 80%. I have not try run 100% yet since I feel like if I run my equipments run at 100% then my equipment is not enough power.
 
How many MP40 or Mp60 need and where to mount them? my tank is 150gal (48"x30"x24"high) center overflow on the middle back.

I been using two MP40 that mount on the back wall on each side of the overflow but I don't have much flow in the middle front where the overflow box.
I also mount one on each side of the side wall but it hard to keep the glass clean and fell two does not have enough flow for each end of the back conner eventhough I run it up to 80%. I have not try run 100% yet since I feel like if I run my equipments run at 100% then my equipment is not enough power.

Maybe try moving them to the sides. I can’t imagine that you would need or could even use MP60’s.

I’m having trouble spinning mine up past 20% w/out moving a bunch of sand around.

a7b21ed5ee65c715524ef1ded111b17a.jpg


This was 20% both sync’d on a 7’ tank and it’s NOT fine sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new