Where is Ideal Apex Probe Placement?

Jiliman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same place, for the same reason.

If you have an ATO, the return chamber is never empty. If it is, you have bigger problems then a dry probe!
I am using original sump coming with 425 XL and put the probes in return chamber making them almost unreachable but more space in skimmer chamber

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@Megability this will be a very good option for Apex probes once Adaptive Reef fixes the problem. This particular model won't fit the Apex temperature probe since it is a different diameter. However the manufacturer, Adaptive Reef, is now working on that problem.

Personally I avoid the return chamber for probes because that is where I dose my additives into and that would skew readings if the probes read the water parameters with much increased concentrations. As the additives leave the return chamber into the display tank they are mixed with display tank water and "diluted" by a higher volume of water. When the tank water gets back to the skimmer chamber the additive concentration is normalized.

Now it looks like we have a solution to the microbubbles of the skimmer in the skimmer chamber. Enter the SPS Kit by Vivid Creative Aquatics. (Salinity Probe Stability Kit).
The temp probe with the A3 is sized the same as the others now.

Hitchhik3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like BRS is having a massive sale on the Neptune DOS. Possible hint of a new version coming out soon? Followed by a trident 2.0?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back