Where is the best place (online) to buy "meh" corals?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to have a "normal" looking tank with splashes of color from some of the brighter/saturated corals we find in the hobby. (Plus I like seeing plain-jane brown corals color up over time.)

Every now and then my LFS has a decent chunk of some unassuming coral that I'll nab. But I'd also like to find somewhere online that isn't a mess of overly Photoshop pictures and ridiculous names/prices. LAs DD has been a okay place to find some simple looking pieces... Is there any other place online that has an inventory of their "meh" corals available?

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try ORA or eBay. There are a ton of sellers on eBay with silly cheap prices. Besides, sometimes you can score really nice pieces for cheap. I know World Wide Corals and Aqua SD are very active on eBay

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try Boom corals they start at $10- pest free . He has some top end stuff to and in between.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pacific East has just frags from generic or simple things that are not expensive and actually look pretty good.

You could also write some of the better vendors and ask for a cheaper "brownie" pack. Some will oblige.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back