Where is your tank located??

  • Thread starter Thread starter txreefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
View attachment 894960 Sure. The base is two 2" x 3" x 0.25" angle with 1" plywood on top of that. The angle goes right through the slightly re-enforced wall into the closet where is is supported and fixed in place with a little more metal. Its sturdy. The floor below had a load bearing structure beam on the one side and a stud wall on the other side so that was also covered. An yes a lot of persons are skeptical when they first see it (or go down the stairs o_O)
View attachment 894960

IMG_20181119_2045120.jpg

Wow! Excellent job of hiding the structural bracing. You would never know it's there from above! I'm like you, the view from below is inconsequential!
 
mine is in the living room. but my wife plans to put it into the laundry room:p
 
mine is in the living room. but my wife plans to put it into the laundry room:p
 
I work at home and need to “woosah” frequently, so my tank is my brain cool down.
 

Attachments

  • 0AF2F091-37CD-4801-8EBC-4B32DD678194.jpeg
    0AF2F091-37CD-4801-8EBC-4B32DD678194.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 71
Tank placement is one of the things often overlooked when planning an aquarium. When I brought home my tank my wife and I thought ok here's some vacant wall space in the dining room. I proceeded to set everything up and thought hey this is great. After a few days I realized I normally spend about 2 hours a year in the dining room, one at Thanksgiving and the other at Christmas. The kids would make fun of me saying; there's dad again sitting in the dining room looking at his fish tank. I think the tank should be in an area of the home where you would normally spend most of your time. Some think the bedroom is great and the gentle gurgling will lull you to sleep. For me that would turn into the sound like a toilet that never stops running and keep me awake. I ended up putting it in my office. I work from home and spend several hours a day in there. The only problem with that is I get distracted and my work productivity sometimes suffers. :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 55
I sometimes wish mine was in the living room, but there isn’t a lot of wall space and a lot of natural light as almost the whole front is windows.
 
Tank placement is one of the things often overlooked when planning an aquarium. When I brought home my tank my wife and I thought ok here's some vacant wall space in the dining room. I proceeded to set everything up and thought hey this is great. After a few days I realized I normally spend about 2 hours a year in the dining room, one at Thanksgiving and the other at Christmas. The kids would make fun of me saying; there's dad again sitting in the dining room looking at his fish tank. I think the tank should be in an area of the home where you would normally spend most of your time. Some think the bedroom is great and the gentle gurgling will lull you to sleep. For me that would turn into the sound like a toilet that never stops running and keep me awake. I ended up putting it in my office. I work from home and spend several hours a day in there. The only problem with that is I get distracted and my work productivity sometimes suffers. :)
Lol yes….that is a complication I face too.
 
Everyone posts pic of their tank but we never get to see how its a part of the room. I thought it would be neat to see how everyone has integrated or taken over a room whatever your prefrence. so post those full room pictures and show how your tank is incorporated in to your home and daily life. (ill post mine as soon as it gets here)
We have ours in the living room since that is where we spend most of the time. Was going to put it in the office but there is a big window and it would let too much sun in and cause issues. The living room is perfect even though there are two big windows but part of the garage comes out to the side and it faces north so the sun does not shine in and the tank is on the opposite wall. Sorry it is not the best picture. I currently have 2 damsels, 3 blue/green chromis, one spot foxface, lawnmower blenny, 6 snails, toadstool, Xenia, and zoanthid. 125 gallon.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0587(1).jpg
    IMG_0587(1).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 71
Thanks! It’s actually the peel and stick removable wallpaper but it looks nice in person too.
Oooooohhhh now there’s an idea! I wanted a nice natural wood color but all that was available was black. Maybe ill look at some decoration too! Thank for the idea!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new