0   0   0
mine is in the living room. but my wife plans to put it into the laundry room:p

dkfrosty1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at home and need to “woosah” frequently, so my tank is my brain cool down.

Attachments

• 0AF2F091-37CD-4801-8EBC-4B32DD678194.jpeg
    0AF2F091-37CD-4801-8EBC-4B32DD678194.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 29

Fish man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank placement is one of the things often overlooked when planning an aquarium. When I brought home my tank my wife and I thought ok here's some vacant wall space in the dining room. I proceeded to set everything up and thought hey this is great. After a few days I realized I normally spend about 2 hours a year in the dining room, one at Thanksgiving and the other at Christmas. The kids would make fun of me saying; there's dad again sitting in the dining room looking at his fish tank. I think the tank should be in an area of the home where you would normally spend most of your time. Some think the bedroom is great and the gentle gurgling will lull you to sleep. For me that would turn into the sound like a toilet that never stops running and keep me awake. I ended up putting it in my office. I work from home and spend several hours a day in there. The only problem with that is I get distracted and my work productivity sometimes suffers. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 25

dkfrosty1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sometimes wish mine was in the living room, but there isn’t a lot of wall space and a lot of natural light as almost the whole front is windows.

dkfrosty1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank placement is one of the things often overlooked when planning an aquarium. When I brought home my tank my wife and I thought ok here's some vacant wall space in the dining room. I proceeded to set everything up and thought hey this is great. After a few days I realized I normally spend about 2 hours a year in the dining room, one at Thanksgiving and the other at Christmas. The kids would make fun of me saying; there's dad again sitting in the dining room looking at his fish tank. I think the tank should be in an area of the home where you would normally spend most of your time. Some think the bedroom is great and the gentle gurgling will lull you to sleep. For me that would turn into the sound like a toilet that never stops running and keep me awake. I ended up putting it in my office. I work from home and spend several hours a day in there. The only problem with that is I get distracted and my work productivity sometimes suffers. :)
Lol yes….that is a complication I face too.

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone posts pic of their tank but we never get to see how its a part of the room. I thought it would be neat to see how everyone has integrated or taken over a room whatever your prefrence. so post those full room pictures and show how your tank is incorporated in to your home and daily life. (ill post mine as soon as it gets here)
We have ours in the living room since that is where we spend most of the time. Was going to put it in the office but there is a big window and it would let too much sun in and cause issues. The living room is perfect even though there are two big windows but part of the garage comes out to the side and it faces north so the sun does not shine in and the tank is on the opposite wall. Sorry it is not the best picture. I currently have 2 damsels, 3 blue/green chromis, one spot foxface, lawnmower blenny, 6 snails, toadstool, Xenia, and zoanthid. 125 gallon.

Attachments

• IMG_0587(1).jpg
    IMG_0587(1).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 20

dkfrosty1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It’s actually the peel and stick removable wallpaper but it looks nice in person too.
Oooooohhhh now there’s an idea! I wanted a nice natural wood color but all that was available was black. Maybe ill look at some decoration too! Thank for the idea!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back