OP
OP
W

Woolvy034

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife says I should clarify my title; "Where the corn meets the sea".
Well.... the only place in Iowa where the corn will meet the sea will be in my basement! lol
Why Iowa? Well, I've lived in CA, ID, UT, AZ, TX & FL. I loved them all for their own reasons. Love, love love the Northern rockies. And loved Naples FL! I guess when I met the people here...holy crap the people are WAY to nice here. I mean its crazy, people you don't know just say "hi, how are you today". Chivalry isn't dead here either...guys will still hold a door open for a lady (don't mean to offend anybody but I think thats courteous).
I guess you could say it's the people, just good people. But man there is alot of corn!

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received_680853599283486.jpeg

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome brother! This place will help you out with literally any tank problems you have!
1. I would suggest you go with a sandbed if you want corals, plus it just ads an extra asthetic to the tank.
2. What kind of fish are you thinking of keeping? Ever thought of a predator tank maybe?

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife says I should clarify my title; "Where the corn meets the sea".
Well.... the only place in Iowa where the corn will meet the sea will be in my basement! lol
Why Iowa? Well, I've lived in CA, ID, UT, AZ, TX & FL. I loved them all for their own reasons. Love, love love the Northern rockies. And loved Naples FL! I guess when I met the people here...holy crap the people are WAY to nice here. I mean its crazy, people you don't know just say "hi, how are you today". Chivalry isn't dead here either...guys will still hold a door open for a lady (don't mean to offend anybody but I think thats courteous).
I guess you could say it's the people, just good people. But man there is alot of corn!
If your looking for courteous and chivalrie, how bout comin up to Canada eh?

OP
OP
W

Woolvy034

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome brother! This place will help you out with literally any tank problems you have!
1. I would suggest you go with a sandbed if you want corals, plus it just ads an extra asthetic to the tank.
2. What kind of fish are you thinking of keeping? Ever thought of a predator tank maybe?
Tell me more about the predator tank....haven't looked into that at all. I was primarily going for the typical reef setup for fish, mostly utilitarian as I'm going ULM.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me more about the predator tank....haven't looked into that at all. I was primarily going for the typical reef setup for fish, mostly utilitarian as I'm going ULM.
Well a predator tank would be full of more predatorial fish, more aggressive fish: lionfish, eels, most puffers, triggers, and if you had a bigger tank you could put a shark in. You can still add corals, just some more aggressive fish like puffers will nip at corals.
I personally dont have one but id like to upgrade my 20g into maybe a 50g so I can make a small predator tank: dwarf lionfish, snowflake eel, i just gotta find a way for them not to eat my two clowns. (I think if I got a small ones my clowns would be fully grown, 3-4 inches before the eel and lion reaches fullsize.) Ive also thought of spotted or valentini puffer, eel, two clowns with a big nem to protect them.

OP
OP
W

Woolvy034

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a predator tank would be full of more predatorial fish, more aggressive fish: lionfish, eels, most puffers, triggers, and if you had a bigger tank you could put a shark in. You can still add corals, just some more aggressive fish like puffers will nip at corals.
I personally dont have one but id like to upgrade my 20g into maybe a 50g so I can make a small predator tank: dwarf lionfish, snowflake eel, i just gotta find a way for them not to eat my two clowns. (I think if I got a small ones my clowns would be fully grown, 3-4 inches before the eel and lion reaches fullsize.) Ive also thought of spotted or valentini puffer, eel, two clowns with a big nem to protect them.
Interesting, I assume you would have to do some high volume feeding to keep their aggression down? Don't know if I'd be up for that. Also, would the different species require different diets?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back