Where to buy a brand new tank

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll hijack this thread. Shelly/Jason here's another one of my wife's fish from Panama City Inlet. It was returned unharmed to the water.

176 (3).jpg

OP
OP
S

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll hijack this thread. Shelly/Jason here's another one of my wife's fish from Panama City Inlet. It was returned unharmed to the water.

176 (3).jpg

Ahhh a shark ... when I lived and fished in the Tampa Bay we would jump out of the boats to swim alittle then get back in the boat and fish and within 15 minute someone caught a small shark about that size. People don't realize they are all over where people swim.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank!!!! Please post a link here to your new build thread when you make one if you have not already.

My suggestions on lights would be a T5/LED combo. I just switched from full LED's to an 8 bulb T5 fixture and I just added a strip of LED's to get that "pop" back. If you have questions about ATI bulb colors please let me know as I've been experimenting with different color bulb combinations.

OP
OP
S

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank!!!! Please post a link here to your new build thread when you make one if you have not already.

My suggestions on lights would be a T5/LED combo. I just switched from full LED's to an 8 bulb T5 fixture and I just added a strip of LED's to get that "pop" back. If you have questions about ATI bulb colors please let me know as I've been experimenting with different color bulb combinations.
Thanks Ryan - that is my thought as well. I can buy a LED retro kit for the RSM light hood from 'Steve's LED' . I love my present ATI sunpower 6x54w - 4 blue plus, 1 purple plus and 1 coral plus. So I'll need to figure out a simiar set up for the 80w T5's that come with the RSM light hood. I am partial to the ATI bulbs, so I'll have to see what stock bulbs they give me so I know which I need to swap out.

I'll start a build thread when AC gives me an approx date on when my tank is to arrive. I am not looking forward to do the tank transfer though - I hate breaking up the balance of my system.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely not fun breaking it down and transferring it all over. But in the end it's totally worth it.

OP
OP
S

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We already bought a new tank from AC - the RSM 650. But thought I would share the quote I finally got back from Reef Saavy for a 72x24x24 (tank only!!!)

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. The aquarium you're inquiring about is approximately 179 gallons and will be built out of 1/2" glass with a high polish and beveled edges. The price is $2,855.00. This includes the three sides low iron, blacked out back, and dual hybrid overflows.

Shipping and crate is not included.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I check used such as Craigslist then decide which direction Next.

OP
OP
S

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I check used such as Craigslist then decide which direction Next.

I have six craiglist used tanks (120g, 2 - 75g, 2-29g and a 20g) ... so it was time a nice new reef ready tank where every thing matches and the stand is big enough for a stump. But I definately had fun learning alot with a least expensive used tank. Now I need to start listing these other tanks on craigslist so someone else can get into the hobby.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We already bought a new tank from AC - the RSM 650. But thought I would share the quote I finally got back from Reef Saavy for a 72x24x24 (tank only!!!)

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. The aquarium you're inquiring about is approximately 179 gallons and will be built out of 1/2" glass with a high polish and beveled edges. The price is $2,855.00. This includes the three sides low iron, blacked out back, and dual hybrid overflows.

Shipping and crate is not included.

That's less than I would have guessed, Savvy tanks are just plain awesome!

McAllyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D and I are looking pretty hard at the Deep Sea 225 Pro (72x27x27) when we move into our next house. Of course, she's planning on 2 of them, one for corals and one for FOWLR, but I'm pretty sure she's out of her mind.

Would love a Reef Savvy, though. Everything I've seen of theirs has been spectacular.

Mac

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back