Where to buy ciprofloxacin in the uk?

Berry96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, does anyone know where to buy ciprofloxacin in the uk? Looking for 250mg tablets or 500mg if poss. I can’t seem to find it anywhere? Nowhere online, all seems to be in america with ridiculous shipping prices.

Many thanks

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a popular fish medicine brand in the UK, can’t remember the name, but a quick google search has brought it up before. They have 4 types of antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin.

Gori, Ciprofloxacin is pretty much a must-have-on-hand for reefkeeping ;)

OP
OP
B

Berry96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a popular fish medicine brand in the UK, can’t remember the name, but a quick google search has brought it up before. They have 4 types of antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin.

Gori, Ciprofloxacin is pretty much a must-have-on-hand for reefkeeping ;)
Hey yes was reading one by waterlife but it only seems to be octozin that is in it - cant seem to find anything on google. Looking to treat some nems that have bacterial infections, I’ve got all the QT set up an ready just moving the medicine to treat haha

OP
OP
B

Berry96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome Berry96 … can’t answer your question but I see that’s an antibiotic, does it have a narrower application in aquatics? Curious
Hey yes I’m looking to to treat so nems that have a bacterial infection in a separate qt tank. It’s usually found in tablet form that you dissolve then treat the water than once 24 hrs you do 100% water change an repeat. I’ve got everything ready apart from the Ciprofloxacin. Just can’t seem to find it anywhere in the uk - America seems to have loads lucky guys

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yes I’m looking to to treat so nems that have a bacterial infection in a separate qt tank. It’s usually found in tablet form that you dissolve then treat the water than once 24 hrs you do 100% water change an repeat. I’ve got everything ready apart from the Ciprofloxacin. Just can’t seem to find it anywhere in the uk - America seems to have loads lucky guys
we’ve recently discovered you can put any aquarium related product in a bottle here, repackage and call it whatever you want, with a healthy markup to boot ha ha

DMC112

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, does anyone know where to buy ciprofloxacin in the uk? Looking for 250mg tablets or 500mg if poss. I can’t seem to find it anywhere? Nowhere online, all seems to be in america with ridiculous shipping prices.

Many thanks
Did you have any joy as l am in the same position?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried asking a vet?

Here in Australia, it is only available with a prescription from a vet.

Unless you can sneak it in through Amazon.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine by looking my vet in the eye and explaining what it was for - treating corals for bacterial infections - how i would use it , and he wrote me a prescription for my dog
will that work there ?

DMC112

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine by looking my vet in the eye and explaining what it was for - treating corals for bacterial infections - how i would use it , and he wrote me a prescription for my dog
will that work there ?
Great idea, I’ll give that a go

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that may help with the vet.

Make bookmarks of the stickies in the nem/clownfish section of the forum. The cipro writeup explains it all and explains Orins back ground in medicine (human) and how cipro solves the bacterial issues in anemones.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A publication citing its use for that purpose might help as well - going to check Google scholar to see if i can find one

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't just buy ciprofloxacin in the uk, are you mad? It's an extremely powerful antibiotic that is only ever prescribed for serious infections that can't be treated with others less powerful antibiotics. It's prescription only and the only way to buy it would be illegally.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back