Where would you live in Texas?

If you are an sps hound, dfw is where to be. You can almost always find a particular acro you are looking for, and from my experience, most everyone is down to trade

Here you have it!
What else you need to know?
 
We moved to Houston after My husband retired from the Navy because of a job offer. Our hope was originally to go back home to Idaho. I think all three cities have their perks depending on what your priorities are for you and your family. Personally, Im not a fan of the traffic, humidity, or overall "crowded" feeling of Houston, but it's where God opened doors and led us to. I think I would have enjoyed something on the outskirts of Austin where the cost of living/housing wasn't as high but still had the Austin charm. Good luck with the move and congratulations to your wife on her new job opportunity! HP is a gr8 company to work for.
 
@Humblefish Just come stay with me for a week and I'll show you all three or four.

You do realize I may take you up on that offer? :D

Do you know the office locations? Will she be able to work from home some days?
One office is in NW Houston, then there's Plano, and the Austin office looks close to Round Rock. I do think she'll be able to work from home after she gets her feet wet.

Was y'all gonna tell him about Austin and weird?
Please elaborate. Via PM if you think it might offend someone else (nothing really offends me.)

I am just happy that you will finally be moving.:)

Me too. You know the backstory and this has been exhausting. And I'm sure #reefsquad is getting tired of hearing me whine. :p
 
I liked Austin Tx when I was there, traffic is kind of crazy during rush hour. I did like the dinning offerings and culture.
 
"Keep Austin Weird" is kind of the motto around here. Basically means everybody does their own thing and keeps things very laid back. We've got things like Eeyore's Birthday which is always wild and weird, Pecan Street Festival. People are always asking what's going on this weekend so there's always something to do.
 
Let's do it my friend.

Once we get the official offer and she accepts, I'll get back with you. She told me today she thinks we have to tell them on Monday which city we want to live in. :eek: That ain't happening until we at least go visit the place. o_O
 
Once we get the official offer and she accepts, I'll get back with you. She told me today she thinks we have to tell them on Monday which city we want to live in. :eek: That ain't happening until we at least go visit the place. o_O

IMO I would go for Houston.
Katy....... small town history with a excellence school district and Diesel right around the corner.
You want to start your business............ I got you a full blown frag room that I'm in the process to ditch all corals and you have excess too.
 
Once we get the official offer and she accepts, I'll get back with you. She told me today she thinks we have to tell them on Monday which city we want to live in. :eek: That ain't happening until we at least go visit the place. o_O
+1 to that, I put my foot down as well with the same situation.
 
IMO I would go for Houston.
Katy....... small town history with a excellence school district and Diesel right around the corner.
You want to start your business............ I got you a full blown frag room that I'm in the process to ditch all corals and you have excess too.

I thought you alluded to (something above) about moving to Utah? :confused:
 
Diesel is right about Katy, it is a nice area with good school districts. There are many nice areas surrounding Houston...you just need to make a trip out for a long weekend and do some "window shopping."
 
I have a good friend who lives in Houston and his only issue is the traffic. If you don't have to commute into downtown he said it is a great place to live.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new