Where's My Order

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nsteinca

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think a business with a “good reputation in the industry” would be capable of planning a restructuring of their business and announce to their customers what’s occurring before they carry out that restructure. They also probably wouldn’t continue to sell fish knowing they’re restructuring and wouldn’t be able to fulfill the orders.

FAF in GA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had made a
Their website looks like it is having problems (lots of missing pictures, no stock). I had a small order and similar experience this week.
purchase with this vendor on Aug 26,2023 and started getting concerned as I have made many purchases online from multiple online vendors ( live aquaria, world wide , etc). So I was a little concerned as well. When I did some research and googled I found this thread and was about to try and contact them today but was concerned from your feed. But the vendor called me today because I never responded to him. Well he explained what had happened. While trying to accommodate non wholesale customers they updated their website to send automatic emails on back orders. Luckily the fish I wanted due to heat in the keys they could not find so he contacted me and that's when he found out the new website is not working as planned. He is really great guy and had great customer service. Had a lot to offer the general public. I am definitely going to use him for my future purchases. Since he is closer than most vendors. Livestock does not have long travel period. Also since they are the direct collectors, there is not a lot of stress on fish due to multiple transfers. If everyone can give him a chance to get this transition situated I am sure you will not be disappointed he is trying to get things sorted.

OP
OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that last post from a new member (shill?) looks like a total bunch of caca de toro.

1) I have looked at that website many times and it has not changed. They have been a retailer for a long time vs. wholesaler.
2) "the fish I wanted due to heat in the keys they could not find" :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
3) "since they are the direct collectors" :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Probably 99% of the fish they sell is imported from the far Pacific, Red Sea, Australia etc. Like every other online vendor. Maybe they get some Caribbean stuff from local suppliers/collectors, but I would say they don't collect anything except your money,
4) They could not even offer the courtesy of timely notifications by phone, email or website that orders would not ship. Almost a week later they refunded w/o option or notice,
5) The actual consensus is they have horrible - non-existent customer service and are bad about shipping partial orders from incorrect inventory, shipping unhealthy fish and they are impossible to get hold of. Supposedly they used to be a good business that sold quarantined/conditioned fish but that no longer seems to be the case.

Sheila Hebert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that last post from a new member (shill?) looks like a total bunch of caca de toro.

1) I have looked at that website many times and it has not changed. They have been a retailer for a long time vs. wholesaler.
2) "the fish I wanted due to heat in the keys they could not find" :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
3) "since they are the direct collectors" :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Probably 99% of the fish they sell is imported from the far Pacific, Red Sea, Australia etc. Like every other online vendor. Maybe they get some Caribbean stuff from local suppliers/collectors, but I would say they don't collect anything except your money,
4) They could not even offer the courtesy of timely notifications by phone, email or website that orders would not ship. Almost a week later they refunded w/o option or notice,
5) The actual consensus is they have horrible - non-existent customer service and are bad about shipping partial orders from incorrect inventory, shipping unhealthy fish and they are impossible to get hold of. Supposedly they used to be a good business that sold quarantined/conditioned fish but that no longer seems to be the case.
I recently received a fish from them that had velvet and infected my display tank. It’s been a nightmare. They had their quarantine method on the website in detail. Sounded great. Then had a section titled “conditioned” fish. It’s very misleading. I thought I was buying fish that already been QT and could add to display. Also received DOA fish and some missing. Followed protocol and still no refund and have not heard back.
Iv lost over $1000 in fish so far. Well over actually. I think they are dealing with massive velvet outbreak. The dry goods part of their website works fine. It’s the same website so why is the fish part the only part not working.

OP
OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received a fish from them that had velvet and infected my display tank. It’s been a nightmare. They had their quarantine method on the website in detail. Sounded great. Then had a section titled “conditioned” fish. It’s very misleading. I thought I was buying fish that already been QT and could add to display. Also received DOA fish and some missing. Followed protocol and still no refund and have not heard back.
Iv lost over $1000 in fish so far. Well over actually. I think they are dealing with massive velvet outbreak. The dry goods part of their website works fine. It’s the same website so why is the fish part the only part not working.
Yes you might be right about a disease outbreak. All the fish pages have been offline several weeks since I was able to order. Sorry but it does not take that long to get a website fixed especially when it's the gravy train of the business.

Polat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, let's not panic, Reef Pro is going through some problems on their website, looks like some inventory issues. I reached out to their rep, he asked me to wait for a couple of weeks. and I am taking to him every 3 days. Let's just be little bit patient and hopefully all this will go away soon so we can start order fish again.

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Reef Pro customers,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the restructuring of our Fish Department and the lack of communication in our part. We are diligently working on getting everything back to normal as soon as possible. We are also working on streamlining some of the issues related to shipping delays and inventory tracking to maximize fulfillment. We humbly ask our customers to be patient while we go through this transition. We look forward to doing business with you. In the meantime, feel free to reach out if you have any questions [email protected] Tex or call 561 385-5782
Thank you.

Gilbert

REAQUA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve purchased from Reef Pro three times (Achilles, Black Longnose tang, and Blonde Naso) and have spoken at length with their former rep and owner concerning their current issues. I did have a DOA (the Achilles) but the matter was resolved quickly and to my satisfaction. The BLT And Blond Naso have done well in QT and will be ready for placement into my DT in a few days when my fallow period ends. I see no need to panic and intend to continue to purchase from them once they are back online.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, let's not panic, Reef Pro is going through some problems on their website, looks like some inventory issues. I reached out to their rep, he asked me to wait for a couple of weeks. and I am taking to him every 3 days. Let's just be little bit patient and hopefully all this will go away soon so we can start order fish again.
I wouldn't say its panic or even anything recent.. my experience was last year with them. smoke and mirrors show from them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back