Which “Reef Safe with Caution” fish are you happy you added?

lester lloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ...which “Reef Safe with Caution” fish are you glad you added to your tank? And what compromises (if any) did you make to add that fish to your reef tank?
I’ll start.
I added a Venustus Angel. LPS corals are my favorite. As expected she has occasionally nipped at some fleshier LPS (like trachy). Also as expected, she has left corals that are more noxious or stinging (like hammers, torches) alone. So I adjusted future coral additions around this angel. I don’t regret her addition at all! She had added a lot of personality & beauty to the tank. So I am glad I took the plunge.
What about you? Pics are appreciated!

20170830_122859.jpg
Yeah they are beautiful and hard to get

Steve Fast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 species of dwarf angels (flame, yellow, coral beauty, flameback, rusty), singapore angel, 4 species of butterflies (longnose, indian ocean vagabond, lemon, double saddle, latticed), and a valentini puffer. I feed 'em real good and they stay off the corals...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than obligate coralivores and larger fish that would happily eat smaller ones, I pretty much ignore the 'with caution' designation. I currently keep a pair of flames, potters, LemonPeel, regal, emperor and am considering adding an Asfur. Quintet of pyramid butterflyfish and a dusky wrasse.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back