Which 6 foot peninsula tank would you buy?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK my 2 cents...
I went though this about a year or so ago.
I was between these:
~glass cages
~tenacor ( before they had there T slot stands out)
~water box
I asked red sea if they where doing a pen. s1000 - even though I had 2 RS tanks 300Xl & the 650P (with was replaced under warranty for seem issues.)
innovative marine.

GC was nice but there stand where $$$$$ but i could of got the 300 i wanted but it would be 2.5X the price..

I felt WB was the same as RS not adding much there. also asked if there where going to make the 330.7 pen. was told not now.

tenacor was an option was not sure on acrylic if there stands was out at the time I might have got a 96x30x24 from them but it was not. there new stands do look sweet.

so all that said the IM was/is the best bang for the buck out there. 3/4" glass, euro braced comes with screen top, and the stand is a breeze to put together.

over all I LOVE this tank. after seeing mine a friend got the INT. one as he was so impressed.

the only complaints I have are, I wish it was a 7 or 8' tank. but they would not be about to deliver to homes I believe.

the other is the RSF sump while it looks nice the plumbing for the pen. tank is odd. the sump was designed for there "normal" tanks not pen. they should have been a "race track" style.
the sump on the RS 650p was so much better I feel.
I went back n forth on getting the pkg deal with the sump or not. for the price I went with it.
note I got mine before they offered the plumbing. but I like mine better anyway.

all that said the IM 200 pen. is the best bang for your buck out there. hands down IMHO
i'll post some pics

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1124.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1433.jpeg
    IMG_1433.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1431.jpeg
    IMG_1431.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1121.jpeg
    IMG_1121.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 54

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder what the benefit..if any, there is to not supporting the front glass. Seems like the risk isn't worth the reward but maybe I'm uninformed

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder what the benefit..if any, there is to not supporting the front glass. Seems like the risk isn't worth the reward but maybe I'm uninformed
both WB & RS do that. its part of there modern design. it does looks sharp but my IM tank is fully supported and still in one plane if the makes since, in other words the tank is in line with the stand.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK my 2 cents...
I went though this about a year or so ago.
I was between these:
~glass cages
~tenacor ( before they had there T slot stands out)
~water box
I asked red sea if they where doing a pen. s1000 - even though I had 2 RS tanks 300Xl & the 650P (with was replaced under warranty for seem issues.)
innovative marine.

GC was nice but there stand where $$$$$ but i could of got the 300 i wanted but it would be 2.5X the price..

I felt WB was the same as RS not adding much there. also asked if there where going to make the 330.7 pen. was told not now.

tenacor was an option was not sure on acrylic if there stands was out at the time I might have got a 96x30x24 from them but it was not. there new stands do look sweet.

so all that said the IM was/is the best bang for the buck out there. 3/4" glass, euro braced comes with screen top, and the stand is a breeze to put together.

over all I LOVE this tank. after seeing mine a friend got the INT. one as he was so impressed.

the only complaints I have are, I wish it was a 7 or 8' tank. but they would not be about to deliver to homes I believe.

the other is the RSF sump while it looks nice the plumbing for the pen. tank is odd. the sump was designed for there "normal" tanks not pen. they should have been a "race track" style.
the sump on the RS 650p was so much better I feel.
I went back n forth on getting the pkg deal with the sump or not. for the price I went with it.
note I got mine before they offered the plumbing. but I like mine better anyway.

all that said the IM 200 pen. is the best bang for your buck out there. hands down IMHO
i'll post some pics
Appreciate the consideration @Devaji

Great summary and feedback. Much appreciated!

Your build looks amazing. Can't wait to see more build pictures.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the consideration @Devaji

Great summary and feedback. Much appreciated!

Your build looks amazing. Can't wait to see more build pictures.
that guys. dont worry I have you down for when I do a 300+ or maybe a huge plywood tank in the basement that I would need glass for.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably would have went with IM over WB if they offered an 84x30 foot print. Not sure why they don't offer a 7ft tank. 7ft is the max for Curbside delivery so they must have other reasons
IMG_E1464.JPG

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably would have went with IM over WB if they offered an 84x30 foot print. Not sure why they don't offer a 7ft tank. 7ft is the max for Curbside delivery so they must have other reasons
IMG_E1464.JPG
yeah its odd they dont have a 7 footer.

man i wish I can a tractor to move the tank.
I do like the 330.7

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_E1464.JPG
anything bigger is probably not offered for two reasons. 1) most well advertised Chinese glass tanks are made by the same Chinese company. They simply slap a different name on them. We know this because they contacted us to offer the same tanks to us. They can make bigger tanks but shipping them and "filling the cube" in a container is not efficient with larger sizes. 2) the second reason is probably because you gonna need a bigger forklift. A Tenecor 300 gallon can easily be carried by two people. A glass 300? Hope you have a good chiropractor.

OP
OP
robg2008

robg2008

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hmm. I actually own a tenecor now. Thats the tank I am upgrading from. Bought it used. Only thing I don’t like its is got minor scratches all over from the previous owner. Makes me worried about scratching a new one.

Is the peninsula in a 72 inch long a custom order? I assume the 96 is in stock ready to go?

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. I actually own a tenecor now. Thats the tank I am upgrading from. Bought it used. Only thing I don’t like its is got minor scratches all over from the previous owner. Makes me worried about scratching a new one.

Is the peninsula in a 72 inch long a custom order? I assume the 96 is in stock ready to go?
All our tanks are made to order. The 72 is not shown because we have not gotten to the renders yet. There are a few big ones going through right now and the new OF designs are amazing. One is an AIO version for FW. We do those for reef also but add closed loop "end zone" plumbing. Another version I am having the guys building for myself is a dual overflow sumpless reverse flow under gravel design with dual syncras. Let's the copepods do all the work. I built one of these in the past and it was a great tank. Before the days of LED. Glass also scratches. Especially the low iron. Just do a search for a recent post here on R2R for a "popular brand" and "scratches". Glass tanks are not our main competition. A used Tenecor is because they last forever. If you follow any of our other threads, you will see that we are making a big push into DIY tanks and accessories. Working up some final designs and having some fun doing it. The other big initiative is our stand business. We sell more stands than tanks Btw. Our Magnum Aluminum Stands will have a signature series coming soon. As well as a Magnum Lite. (?) not sure about that name yet. At this time, even our smallest aluminum stands are made with 45 mm which is way over the top. Once we finalize the design details, the smaller sizes up to 36 inch will be made from 30 mm. The bottom line is we are probably the only major company out there with the capability that can build your tank exactly the way you want for about the same price as an off the shelf option. Just not from glass.

OP
OP
robg2008

robg2008

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All our tanks are made to order. The 72 is not shown because we have not gotten to the renders yet. There are a few big ones going through right now and the new OF designs are amazing. One is an AIO version for FW. We do those for reef also but add closed loop "end zone" plumbing. Another version I am having the guys building for myself is a dual overflow sumpless reverse flow under gravel design with dual syncras. Let's the copepods do all the work. I built one of these in the past and it was a great tank. Before the days of LED. Glass also scratches. Especially the low iron. Just do a search for a recent post here on R2R for a "popular brand" and "scratches". Glass tanks are not our main competition. A used Tenecor is because they last forever. If you follow any of our other threads, you will see that we are making a big push into DIY tanks and accessories. Working up some final designs and having some fun doing it. The other big initiative is our stand business. We sell more stands than tanks Btw. Our Magnum Aluminum Stands will have a signature series coming soon. As well as a Magnum Lite. (?) not sure about that name yet. At this time, even our smallest aluminum stands are made with 45 mm which is way over the top. Once we finalize the design details, the smaller sizes up to 36 inch will be made from 30 mm. The bottom line is we are probably the only major company out there with the capability that can build your tank exactly the way you want for about the same price as an off the shelf option. Just not from glass.
Hmm okay. Interested. What’s your turnaround time for an order with the aluminum stand?

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm okay. Interested. What’s your turnaround time for an order with the aluminum stand?
We are around 4 weeks right now. That can change very quickly though. Especially over the weekends. The little DIY Pico project I did was not much appreciated by our production team. It tied up close to 90 machine hours of capacity. ;)

kaifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a WB7225 and was very happy with it. Glass was very nice seams were perfect. Initially I was concerned about the stand supporting all the weight but after 3 years I guess it wasn’t anything to be worried about

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plz do a build thread for this tank. sounds cool. would love to fallow along!

I agree your stands looks great.
highly unlikely but if the other half "lets" me set up the 3rd tank I have a nano 19.5 peninsula would love one of your magnum lite stands.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do they have the doors flush with the tank if there isn't an overhang? Just curious because I'll admit looking at that 3/4" 7ft pane of glass hanging out there on my new 330.7 is not confidence inspiring. I have not seen an IM setup in person.
The doors are recessed in the stand amd the frame goes all the way around.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back