Which additive brand should I use?

nathan212178

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I do start I just want to say that my tank has been off recently and planning on getting every test kit I can ( learned the hard way why I should test so I plan on doing so) once they come in stock at my lfs(phosphate, nitrate Hanna checkers and any trace elements I can find at the time), I believe my lfs only carries brightwell, Red Sea, and aquaforest products which isn’t a bad thing but I don’t have a clue which to choose and stick with.

And yes, I do test before I add anything

with that said, I recently have been running out of brightwell two part that my legs recommended and have been doing fine with and I was getting curious on which brand additive I should stick with or change to, brightwell, Red Sea, or aquaforest. I just want peoples opinions on which of these three brands is the best for a Red Sea max nano and I did think about sticking with the Red Sea brand because of the tank but again I’m not too sure, I haven’t done extensive research mostly due to school projects and assignments, I do know that there isn’t such a thing called the best brand, and I also know that these three brands are all really good no matter which path I stick with but I want to see which is the best for a small tank like mine, I also want to ask what parameters my tank should be at for a mixed aquarium.( I’m aiming for a mixed aquarium with maybe 5 fish at max with good filtration and water change schedule).

Again not trying to provoke anyone that uses these brands because it feels like a hot topic to touch on IMO, so I’m really not trying to put a brand down over the other if anyone does feels that way

I might have overthought about what I said so if something I said was confusing feel free to ask cuz I tend to do it a lot

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just do whatever you are used to. In the end they all do the same thing. Some brands just charge more than others. All for reef is handy for small tanks(just a single bottle) and a DIY version makes it very cheap in the long run. But again, just pick whichever one you like.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back