Which AIO to buy

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello. I am doing my research on which AIO to buy. I was going to go with the Red Sea E170(45 Gal) for a FOWLR tank but i have been hearing many stories about their seams busting. I dont know if that is just a big tank problem or if it could effect the 45 gal as well. I love the clean look. Is this tank ok due to the size of the seams not busting or is there another AIO that is better for app same size and price? Thanks!

Last edited:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello. I am doing my research on which AIO to buy. I was going to go with the Red Sea E170(45 Gal) but i have been hearing many stories about their seams busting. I dont know if that is just a big tank problem or if it could effect the 45 gal as well. I love the clean look. Is this tank ok due to the size of the seams not busting or is there another AIO that is better for app same size and price? Thanks!
Is there a reason that you want an aio other than aesthetics? The only real benefit I see of the aio is the initial set up complexity simplification. Most people that do anything more than a FOWLR tank eventually need to add on more equiptment or customize something which is a bit more difficult with a aio. Not to mention getting replacement parts when something does break.

Just curious. I looked at aio when I first got back into hobby but decided against it.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never owned a Red Sea tank, so I’m not qualified to give an opinion about them. However, if I were to buy a true AIO I’m leaning toward Innovative Marine. The SR 60 looks pretty awesome.

Attachments

• 1630243966247.jpeg
    1630243966247.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 48

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason that you want an aio other than aesthetics? The only real benefit I see of the aio is the initial set up complexity simplification. Most people that do anything more than a FOWLR tank eventually need to add on more equiptment or customize something which is a bit more difficult with a aio. Not to mention getting replacement parts when something does break.

Just curious. I looked at aio when I first got back into hobby but decided against it.

Plenty of AIO reefs these days.

Why AIO? Easier to setup, less complexity, less space required, cheaper, less maintenance

OP
OP
R

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I should of added , yes i am doing just a FOWLR tank. I like the fact that pretty much all equipment is hidden and it looks sharp and clean. I am putting it in my living room so i would prefer to have everything as hidden as possible.

OP
OP
R

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never owned a Red Sea tank, so I’m not qualified to give an opinion about them. However, if I were to buy a true AIO I’m leaning toward Innovative Marine. The SR 60 looks pretty awesome.
Thank you. I will look into those.

AsraeaMitsane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Innovative Marine 30 and I really enjoy. It's well built and the back has enough room to function as kind of a nano-sump and fit most things. It definitely fits the bill on the sleek look which was also important to me as it's in my living room. The big downside for FOWL would be that you can't really fit a big skimmer back there. It depends on what you stock and feed, but that would be my main concern as I'm also not religious about water changes. If you're going to be in there on the reg vacuuming and water changing I think it's definitely doable and could look really nice.

Grumblez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Before my financial situation unexpectedly improved dramatically (and I went with an expensive bigger red sea) I did a TON of research into one of these for my display tank when I bought a house. https://www.cobaltaquatics.com/collections/aquariums-1/product-type_c-vue-aquarium
They are killer value and I've never found a bad thing said about them. Several options depending on what size/dimensions you want but the 40 gallon breeder one seems to stay out of stock.

Intense37754

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Waterbox, JBJ and Innovative marine are the 3 that come to mind.
I personally like the waterbox and next JBJ
I guess the big question is what fish do you plan on keeping in there?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back