Which ATO is the best ?

Reefgirl0412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still cycling my 110 gallon tank. I bought a JBJ ATO and it honestly sucks. I am looking to buy another one like ASAP and was wondering which ATO works really well.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still cycling my 110 gallon tank. I bought a JBJ ATO and it honestly sucks. I am looking to buy another one like ASAP and was wondering which ATO works really well.
I have tried the hydro one which lasted about a year and can run any pump you want but seems to allow for a lot of evaporation.

I also have 2 Duetto Dual-Sensor ATO Aquarium Auto-Top-Off System - XP Aqua which I am very happy with but have only had for 6 months...

Most people I know that have the tunze 3155 love it and has been known to work for a very long time..

Dr. Aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had tunze and apex, the tunze wins by a landslide
Agreed. I run both as well and have for maybe 4 years i think. The Neptune ATO has needed replacing and had mother minor issues the tunes still runs as well as the day i set it up

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
this is what I have, it is the best ATO I have used, never failed me, it only fails if you don't add water. and make sure it gravity fed, meaning have the reservoir above the water sump level. This is my experience, its an old school solution that has been working till this day!! no need for fancy pumps, sensors, or electronic valves....

s-l500.jpg

jisherwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone hooked up a different pump (Danner) that sits 30' away in the basement to this setup and have it work?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back