Which booster pump do you use?

dd7070

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, let me tell you something.
Recently I got refund for my Aquatec 8800. I sent it back to them 5weeks ago and they said they need to diagnose it and then they will make decision whether they give me refund or not.
Anyway I am really glad because I got refund even they never give me back the shipping fee($14.00).
So I learend that it is hard to get refund from "Bulksupply.com". Maybe I don't like to buy something from them anymore.

So I am looking for booster pump for my 6stage Ro Di system. Anybody got an answer for me?
I don't think Aquatec 8800 is not perfect for my system. I should get a more powerful one.
When I check the water pressure gage; before the Aquatec 8800 just I read 20-37 psi and after install the pump 25-42 psi.
Of course I try to make it adjust to maxium power. There is tricky adjustable balt on top of body of pump(it is really tricky and there is no mention about it on the PDF for installation).

Which booster pump can make my water pressure over 60 to 80 psi?
Please teach me.

Thank you all. :angel:

Jim_Dont_Care

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they sell same stuff on ebay as well alot of times a little cheaper i would email and ask them my unit is 100gph but added the pump because im on a well its alot faster than it was with out the pump but not sure of my gph now

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are cheaper for a reason. Stick with a well known brand name from a trusted source. You really do get what you pay for.

Jim_Dont_Care

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not reallytrue in this case i use both a 6 stage ro/di unit and a pump on well water my tds going in is 498 and coming out is 0 so how am i going wrong lol.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not reallytrue in this case i use both a 6 stage ro/di unit and a pump on well water my tds going in is 498 and coming out is 0 so how am i going wrong lol.

Wow 498 from a well? That seems pretty high to me

Bleu203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have different brands. They all work the same. Can't tell a difference.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me after 38 years in the pump buisiness I can tell you there is a difference. It may not show up today or tomorrow but it will bite you, guaranteed.
You seem to be caught up in the ebay mentality where more stages is better etc. Stages is a sales stunt they use to promote crappy RO systems by saying 5, 6 or 7 stages are better than 3 or 4 which again couldn't be farther from the truth. For an RO 3 stages is all you will need in 99.9% of the situation and for RO/DI its 4 stages. More carbons, more sediments or more little dinky horizontal tubes with some outdated resin bobbing around in them doesn't mean a hill of beans. You need to subscribe to the better stages concept. Fewer, better stages will outperform more lower quality stages every time.
If you want an additional "stage" make it a second full size vertical DI so you get something for your money.

FWIW my tap TDS is over 630, my RO only TDS is between 2 and 3 and my RO/DI is of course a real 0 TDS. I have one sediment filter, one carbon block, an Aquatec 8800 booster pump, one membrane and dual full size DI which lasts well over 1000 gallons per refill.

OP
OP
D

dd7070

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank Jim

I bought this and install this morning and I've watching for around two hours. Finally I can say it working well properly except very loud noisy from gauge. But I don't matter the sound. Anyway its good price and working good.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Back