Which considered high end zoa

ROX'S REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am trying to get an idea of which zoas are now considered high end zoa please post some names and pic if you have them. I want to start my collection.

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stratosphere’s, OG Adonis (most Likely extinct), Aqua ops troposphere, Any SBB zoa (dragon glass, Valyrian steel, Hephaestus, Marvin the Martian, ultimate space monster, Oscar the grouch, etc), exospheres, thermospheres, HR Death Star, OG Wolverines, hallucinations, GMK, Predators, CK p95, CK bozos birthday, CK soul suckers, LSOH, GB Rainbow Eclipse, Emperor v2, UC Grim reaper. I know I’m missing some obvious ones but here’s a good starting point.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gatorades. Very rare and exclusive. :cool:

IMG_3192.jpg

OP
OP
ROX'S REEF

ROX'S REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stratosphere’s, OG Adonis (most Likely extinct), Aqua ops troposphere, Any SBB zoa (dragon glass, Valyrian steel, Hephaestus, Marvin the Martian, ultimate space monster, Oscar the grouch, etc), exospheres, thermospheres, HR Death Star, OG Wolverines, hallucinations, GMK, Predators, CK p95, CK bozos birthday, CK soul suckers, LSOH, GB Rainbow Eclipse, Emperor v2, UC Grim reaper. I know I’m missing some obvious ones but here’s a good starting point.
This looks high end. Great list.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This.

Would add jf Frankie's acid trips, azzzz kraks, big r space chaos (lower high end)

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Zoa is a Zoa. Colors vary, but I don't think of any of them as "high end".

Take "high end" Zoas and put them next to "regular" Zoas in the same tank and they will perform equally based on the conditions.

Marketing makes them "high end".

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all that said..all around and with its variants, Utter chaos is still my favorite..with psychosis a Clos 2nd

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the classic. They are more colorful imo. Scramble eggs, Rasta, Mandarins, and yes to Gatorades.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Take "high end" Zoas and put them next to "regular" Zoas in the same tank and they will perform equally based on the conditions.

There are a few strains that grow pretty slow or melt which is why I would consider them high end price wise, scarcity. You can find them but it doesn't mean you can grow them.

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree some low end zoas definitely look better than some high ends. Most of the time, however, high ends look substantially better than low ends. Also, it is definitely an inaccurate statement to say high-end zoas exist entirely due to marketing. Although it may partially be due to marketing in some zoas, the main reason is that so many people cannot care for them and they melt, or that they grow extremely slow so the supply is low. And if people keep killing them (stratospheres), the ones that are left are going to go up in price.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree, there are no high end zoanthids. Buy what you like, Vendors loves making up names to fetch the higher prices.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few strains that grow pretty slow or melt which is why I would consider them high end price wise, scarcity. You can find them but it doesn't mean you can grow them.

To me, that isn't "high end". I think of them more in terms of skill level and experience. What you describe is more for an advanced aquarist.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd add that you may choose to avoid stuff that is known to grow super fast.

Many zoas will look fantastic when fully colored up. My vote is to look for the ones that really are as bright as they claim. I don't care much about brand names but I do love a tank full of corals that seem to glow even from across the room. Plenty of medium price zoas meet this criterion. You can also amplify the "pop" in the tank by placing contrasting colors near each other.

Two mid-range zoas that I love are rastas and AOIs. Doesn't need to break the bank to look stunning.

Attachments

• PXL_20220402_193117355.jpg
    PXL_20220402_193117355.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 137
  • PXL_20220402_193204941.jpg
    PXL_20220402_193204941.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 106

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This.

Would add jf Frankie's acid trips, azzzz kraks, big r space chaos (lower high end)
Do you know anyone selling a lot of high ends? I see them on ebay here and there but its not worth the shipping for just one so I would like to find someone that has a lot to offer and a one time ship fee!

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know anyone selling a lot of high ends? I see them on ebay here and there but its not worth the shipping for just one so I would like to find someone that has a lot to offer and a one time ship fee!
The classifieds here always have good zoas. But great shipping rates to one person may nit be the same to another. I purchased some sweet zoas from @littlebigreef who had a good price on shipping, but $50 or so for overnight shipping to me may be crazy to another.

Blindzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I GIVE my friends frags of my zoas I ask them if they want them for free or if they want me to slap some fancy name on them and charge them $$$$...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back