Which flow is better for hammer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am messing with flow. I am wondering if I should use a powerhead with my 10g or just the upgraded return pump. Does the stronger flow look too strong? Sorry about background noise

Attachments

• 20190824_232724.mp4
    49.5 MB

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to tell. if the tentacles are waving all over the place than to much flow. if it has a gentle back and forth and no aggressive swinging than you are good. the tentacles can rip with to much flow. with mine I have low flow directed at my hammer but my turn over in my tank is 60x. mine grew a new mouth and almost doubled in size in 2.5 months. happy reefing.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to tell. if the tentacles are waving all over the place than to much flow. if it has a gentle back and forth and no aggressive swinging than you are good. the tentacles can rip with to much flow. with mine I have low flow directed at my hammer but my turn over in my tank is 60x. mine grew a new mouth and almost doubled in size in 2.5 months. happy reefing.
Right when I plugged in the powerhead a Chung of green popped off (not sure if that's related to the flow or a different event)

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk could be flow. you will know when it is happy it will be rely full and open if its not happy it will curl up like your is. hear is mine relaxed and open. ( my display pic) what yeah feeding it?

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk could be flow. you will know when it is happy it will be rely full and open if its not happy it will curl up like your is. hear is mine relaxed and open. ( my display pic) what yeah feeding it?
Reef roids and reef fuel. This has only been in my tank for like 4 days so it's going to be a little stressed and not open all the way. (It was open all the way then a crab knocked it over)

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o yeah sometimes it can take a month or so for them to get use to the new home. mine took a month than rely took off on growth.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o yeah sometimes it can take a month or so for them to get use to the new home. mine took a month than rely took off on growth.
It also got hit hard by flatworms in the pet store. So I assume it's going to take some time.
What should I keep my eye out for so I can move it to my main tank that's way more established. (This 10g is 6 months old and has only had soft corals never an lps) if it gets too freaked out I'm gonna move it to my other tank

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had mine in anouther tank I just plopped mine in my main tank. if that is the goal. acclimate it by drip for 30 min and you would be good to go. yeah pet shops usually don't try to keep corals in top notch shape from my experience.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had mine in anouther tank I just plopped mine in my main tank. if that is the goal. acclimate it by drip for 30 min and you would be good to go. yeah pet shops usually don't try to keep corals in top notch shape from my experience.
I'm trying to populate my small tank with coral now. I'd like to put this hammer in place of the small hammer in my main tank, how long should I wait until putting it in my main tank since it did have flatworm (I don't wanna risk transferring it)

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have to do a coral dip no other way the flatworms do not just go away they will awes be there unless you deal with them. I suggest:
this is the only way to be sure you are not infecting anouther tank.

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For flatworms, treat with Salifert Flatworm exit according to directions. It will "not" kill any eggs so remove by hand those you see.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back