Which is my most expensive fish?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive thought of a fun game to play, a game of ‘What is my most expensive fish’ where you see eachothers stock (either photos or listed) and then have a guess at what their most expensive fish is in that list. And no this doesn’t mean ‘I have to have one fish that’s over 100 or so, it can be low digits too!

I’ll go first, guess which fish is my most expensive in my 4’ tank;
IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6538.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6493.jpeg

IMG_6497.jpeg

IMG_6499.jpeg

IMG_6490.jpeg

IMG_6486.jpeg

IMG_6313.jpeg

IMG_6314.jpeg

IMG_6307.jpeg

IMG_6299.jpeg

IMG_5817.jpeg

IMG_6539.jpeg

Plus, this is a good time to count how many fish you have haha, I didn’t realise I had 15 fish in this tank alone.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a gold nugget wrasse? If so then that gets my vote
Man, I really had to think on that one... You have some expensive angels and that gem tang, but I'm going to vote for the greenish one facing away from the camera. I just have this feeling...
In theory you’d both be correct haha, that Gold Nugget is theoretically my most expensive fish at the equivalent of $317.70 but I actually paid the equivalent of $38.10.

The fish I actually spent the most on was that Coral Beauty at around $279.60. Purely because it was straight from an import and it was a Tiger Tail.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In theory you’d both be correct haha, that Gold Nugget is theoretically my most expensive fish at the equivalent of $317.70 but I actually paid the equivalent of $38.10.

The fish I actually spent the most on was that Coral Beauty at around $279.60. Purely because it was straight from an import and it was a Tiger Tail.
So are we talking most expensive as in actually paid out $$ or value $$ in terms of what it's worth? That is a *lot* for a reef-risky fish! Has it been a model citizen? (I just have the plain jane coral beauty, which was significantly less) Good luck with my fish chart - you have a lot more fish to sort through! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ive thought of a fun game to play, a game of ‘What is my most expensive fish’ where you see eachothers stock (either photos or listed) and then have a guess at what their most expensive fish is in that list. And no this doesn’t mean ‘I have to have one fish that’s over 100 or so, it can be low digits too!

IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6538.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6493.jpeg

IMG_6497.jpeg

IMG_6499.jpeg

IMG_6490.jpeg

IMG_6486.jpeg

IMG_6313.jpeg

IMG_6314.jpeg

IMG_6307.jpeg

IMG_6299.jpeg

IMG_5817.jpeg

IMG_6539.jpeg

Plus, this is a good time to count how many fish you have haha, I didn’t realise I had 15 fish in this tank alone.
Fish stocking police b knockin on ur door real soon. Just sayin. They all look healthy and happy. Great job my friend.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are we talking most expensive as in actually paid out $$ or value $$ in terms of what it's worth? That is a *lot* for a reef-risky fish! Has it been a model citizen? (I just have the plain jane coral beauty, which was significantly less) Good luck with my fish chart - you have a lot more fish to sort through! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I’d say value in terms of what it’s worth as I got a couple of pricey fish for lower prices haha.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was it from scratch or an existing template?
From scratch. I did it up in Photoshop, so if you'd like the file just fire me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you (R2R doesn't let me link non-jpeg/png/gif files very well). Everything is in its own layer so it's easy to reposition.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6538.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6493.jpeg

IMG_6497.jpeg

IMG_6499.jpeg

IMG_6490.jpeg

IMG_6486.jpeg

IMG_6313.jpeg

IMG_6314.jpeg

IMG_6307.jpeg

IMG_6299.jpeg

IMG_5817.jpeg

IMG_6539.jpeg

And I was worried my tank would be overstocked with the fish I'm planning! I'd say either the skunk tilefish or the fairy wrasse. Though I have to say you have a good taste in fish!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theabyss-reeffish.jpg

Here's mine. I'm too lazy to try and take photos of everything... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
At first thought I thought the Imperator, but I know Lamarcks can be up there in price. But then WTTs can also be expensive so I’ll likely say it’s that guy

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d imagine it has to be the parrotfish or the white tail tang, but I’d guess the parrotfish is probably the most expensive fish you have.
Ding ding! It's the whitetail bristletooth tang, which I paid $350 CAD for. It was a re-homed fish from a local tank someone was shutting down, so even though it was the most I ever paid for a fish I jumped at the chance. Beautiful fish - just wish it would spend more time on display (prefers lurking at the back panel of glass where it can eat uninterrupted).

The quoy's parrotfish was actually only $120, so it's actually on the cheaper spectrum in terms of what I've spent on fish. The most expensive fish is probably the emperor's angelfish, as I got him when he was fairly small - and other than zoas and doughnuts - he doesn't touch any other corals.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no longer keep track of how much I pay for anything in this hobby. I pay attention when I buy and shop etc but the only thing I keep track of is the date livestock is added and I let the dollar amount fade away from memory. I don't even keep track when stuff dies any longer, it's too depressing.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first thought I thought the Imperator, but I know Lamarcks can be up there in price. But then WTTs can also be expensive so I’ll likely say it’s that guy
You would also be correct. I only paid $100 for the lamarck's angel, which was anothe re-home as well. The "best bang for my buck" fish would have to be the talbot's damsel I picked up for $20 last month. A really striking and pretty fish, with coloration that rivals some of the anthias and wrasses...

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no longer keep track of how much I pay for anything in this hobby. I pay attention when I buy and shop etc but the only thing I keep track of is the date livestock is added and I let the dollar amount fade away from memory. I don't even keep track when stuff dies any longer, it's too depressing.
I'm not laughing at you, but with you... (same).

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back