Which is my most expensive fish?

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll Make mine easy, no one will NOT guess my most expensive. but there is a runner up ......

IMG_4836.jpeg

IMG_4816.jpeg

IMG_4796.jpeg

IMG_4797.jpeg

IMG_4317.jpeg
‘’this guy. I like how he it looks like it’s ready to rob a bank
1692139376621.jpeg

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
‘’this guy. I like how he it looks like it’s ready to rob a bank
1692139376621.jpeg
IMG_4836.jpeg

The Bandit Angel .... Local Hawaiians call them Holo Holo ...means to go riding sailing or on a stroll, The Scientific name was relisted about 10 years ago as Apolemichthys arcuatus.
That is the #1 most expensive fish in my reef. #2 The Declivas Butterfly. The Declivas came from the Marshal Islands.
Both are at least 6 year old tank mates here in my 850 gallon mixed reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Bandit Angel .... Local Hawaiians call them Holo Holo ...means to go riding sailing or on a stroll, The Scientific name was relisted about 10 years ago as Apolemichthys arcuatus.
That is the #1 most expensive fish in my reef. #2 The Declivas Butterfly. The Declivas came from the Marshal Islands.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it caught locally?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing that was sarcastic, but its ok. Happy reefing , Reef2Reef is an unbelievable forum of knowledge !!!
Nope, the suspense was literally killing me while I waited for the power company to restore power! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most expensive fish that I have bought is curiously a fish that I did not ask for: 6 or 7 years ago I ordered a Swallowtail angel, it was large according to the stock list and I paid what was approximately $100/120 USD at that time, and I was very surprised when I received a female Genicanthus semifasciatus, which you can see at my profile picture. Another fish that I paid the same amount for was but about 12 years ago, a 'deepwater' coral beauty angel, it was a beautiful fish that woke up dead the next morning.

Tangs-A-Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I really had to think on that one... You have some expensive angels and that gem tang, but I'm going to vote for the greenish one facing away from the camera. I just have this feeling...
Isn’t that a 2 spot Bristletooth/Blue Eye Kole Tang ?

Tangs-A-Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that is a 2 spot I unfortunately do not own a Gemmatum.
A LFS had a sale advertised here (which I saw a little too late) for Gem Tangs for $250 last week. I wouldn’t buy one at that price, sight unseen. The LFS is only 25 minutes from me, so that wouldn’t be a problem, but I would understand if someone else not nearby would buy without at least getting a WYSIWYG/photos deal. I can get them near me for about $400.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's that tilefish! And where did you get it???
He’s just chilling, making the biggest sand dip I’ve had any tilefish do. And surprisingly, he’s yet to even try jumping unlike my flashing tiles who all instantly went into jumping mode when they were settled in the tank.

I got it from my (not so) local LFS :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 99 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back