which lighing is better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter koooook
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
welcome aboard the r2r board! hellos from PA!

as for your question, i believe most of us have a “short” peak time for our lights as well as a ramp up/down period. i’m unsure how those with only t5’s or only halides deal with this(i’d assume they just on/off).
 
welcome aboard the r2r board! hellos from PA!

as for your question, i believe most of us have a “short” peak time for our lights as well as a ramp up/down period. i’m unsure how those with only t5’s or only halides deal with this(i’d assume they just on/off).
With t5 you have two channels, usually channel 1 is the two outside bulbs and channel 2 is the center bulbs, so I turn off the center when I get home. It also gives me full spectrum during the day and dusk at night with just the blue
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

I have my lights on for 11 hours a day including an hour ramp up and down. My peak par is around 250 near the surface of my water and about 100 on the sand bed.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

I have my lights on for 11 hours a day including an hour ramp up and down. My peak par is around 250 near the surface of my water and about 100 on the sand bed.
Same as mine
 
I don't think it really matters too much. You can have lower par and a longer light on period or a higher par and lower light period.

I have my lights on 13 1/2 hours a day with it being about 110 at sand and 300 at highest rock peak in the center.
Edges are a bit lower. I have a more powerfull center light.
 
Welcome to R2R!
I have very strong light over my tank,
I use MH T5 and LED over my main display tank, mh and t5 aare on for 9 hours, and led for ramp up/down.
30'' deep tank, 200 par at sand bed, 600-700 at surface
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Zoom In Coral Reef GIF by Justin
 
May I ask the type of lights you are running.

I agree with the posts there, I have a ramp up, day light cycle, the ramp down. I also use the moon phase cycle.

Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0 White.png
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new