Which mobile app do you use to log your params records?

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right in terms of app not able to plot graphs; not sure if any does feature graph.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 AquaticLog, they now provide graphs with your data. Another priority for me the ability to keep track your tanks inhabitants including being able to upload photos to see growth.
Do you use the paid version? I've been thinking about upgrading. It's what $10 a year?

Codym808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have been using the paid version for about 2 years now. I was actually "grandfathered" in to the new super membership. It was previously either the free version or paid version but now there are different tiers, see following link:
http://www.aquaticlog.com/account/membership
They have recently been working heavily on the new website/app which I appreciate but the cost has become a little too expensive for my taste, I am considering moving to a different service but it'll be a burden to re-enter all my past data.. I do love the ability to add new photos of each inhabitant when you choose because being able to look back at how much it has grown is intriguing.

BTW I love your website, I'm currently an EIT in civil engineering this hobby allows me to just go crazy with my OCD in planning, executing, analyzing, documenting, and the list goes on for all the other stuff that we do differently than non-eningeers. I'm not a multi-disciplined EE and ME like you but I plan to learn the ME side of things once I get my CE background more established.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have been using the paid version for about 2 years now. I was actually "grandfathered" in to the new super membership. It was previously either the free version or paid version but now there are different tiers, see following link:
http://www.aquaticlog.com/account/membership
They have recently been working heavily on the new website/app which I appreciate but the cost has become a little too expensive for my taste, I am considering moving to a different service but it'll be a burden to re-enter all my past data.. I do love the ability to add new photos of each inhabitant when you choose because being able to look back at how much it has grown is intriguing.

BTW I love your website, I'm currently an EIT in civil engineering this hobby allows me to just go crazy with my OCD in planning, executing, analyzing, documenting, and the list goes on for all the other stuff that we do differently than non-eningeers. I'm not a multi-disciplined EE and ME like you but I plan to learn the ME side of things once I get my CE background more established.
Oh geez... $50 a year!? No thanks. I'll stick with my free version :)

Thanks for the compliment! I have a hard time getting over to the site to update it regularly, but I'm trying! I know exactly what you mean about the cross over between this and engineering. I think that's partly why I enjoy the equipment side of things so much. Have you taken the exam yet? I can't remember whether that's to get the PE or to start training for it. Or maybe there's an EIT exam too... It's been a while and I didn't need the certification for my work in EE/ME.

Codym808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh geez... $50 a year!? No thanks. I'll stick with my free version :)

Thanks for the compliment! I have a hard time getting over to the site to update it regularly, but I'm trying! I know exactly what you mean about the cross over between this and engineering. I think that's partly why I enjoy the equipment side of things so much. Have you taken the exam yet? I can't remember whether that's to get the PE or to start training for it. Or maybe there's an EIT exam too... It's been a while and I didn't need the certification for my work in EE/ME.

Yeah $50 a year is STEEP! That's why I have paid for and downloaded aquarimate for when the time comes to make the switch. It also has data logging, graphing, and tracking of inhabitants but I've put so much time into AquaticLog already and is easy to use. At least aquarimate is a one-time payment but they have no website, only a app which is the only con I see.

This hobby is basically engineering because of the hydraulics with using a sump, treating the water like a wastewater treatment plant, adjusting pH like municipal water.. I LOVE IT! haha but yes I did pass my EIT exam and will be eligible to take my PE exam in May of 2019. I really do hate taking tests though.. so you're lucky!

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you're a CivE, I can't resist sharing my awful engineer joke.....

What's the difference between a mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer and a civil engineer?

Mechanical engineers build missiles, electrical engineers build guidance systems, and civil engineers build targets. :D:D I work in the defense industry, so this is a popular joke.

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the free version of Aquarium Note. Let's me set hi and low ranges for my parameters and let's me know when one is out of whack (it's not an alert but rather a color change to let you know). Also tells me how far I am from my goal. I can view my params in charts [emoji409] and you can import/export to excel and/or email. It has a really nice task reminder feature that alerts me on my cell when I need to clean certain equipment, change out media, replace filters, or anything else I want a reminder for. It also logs those activities so I can go back and see when I've last done something. Besides the task reminder feature you can also log one time events that is also very handy. For instance, last week I changed the lighting schedule on my chaeto reactor and logged the change. This will allow me to see how my nutrient levels change from that date. It can also keep track of livestock and equipment purchases and costs of both as well as pictures. You can also keep track of multiple tanks. Although I'm not sure how many as I only have one.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you're a CivE, I can't resist sharing my awful engineer joke.....

What's the difference between a mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer and a civil engineer?

Mechanical engineers build missiles, electrical engineers build guidance systems, and civil engineers build targets. :D:D I work in the defense industry, so this is a popular joke.

Since I'm a scientist and not an engineer, my characterization of nearly all engineers was always:

"Engineers make big things little and little things big"

but now that my youngest daughter is about to start start studying to be an engineer (at great personal expense :D ), I guess I better limit that sort of critique. :D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back