Which one? Dos, Kamoer, Ecotech versa or something else?

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G’day,

was wondering which one? Want them for everything from ATO to dosing chemicals to AWC it will also need to be able to pump up to 9ft vertically and 30ft horizontally .

I’ve done my due diligence but I’m just not sure which way to go. The kamoer seems huge, dos is an odd shape I’m leaning towards ecotech.

Does anyone use a doing pump for kalk? I was going to use the manifold with solenoid but still planning.

regards Duzzy

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Hydros and Intllab dosing pumps for ATO, AWC and dosing. The ATO and AWC pumps are in my garage. The tank is 35ft from the garage and the tubing is run up through the attic and down in the walls in PVC conduit. to Wall boxes on each end. So any leak would come out of one of the wall boxes. The comduit is insulated in the attic. The drain pump which is in the garage pulls water from the sump up the wall and across the attic down to the pump. From the pump it goes back up through the attic down a wall then comes out under the kitchen sink. It goes through a check valve and then to the kitchen sink drain. My DI and fresh saltwater reservoirs are in the garage with my mixing tank and RODI.

OP
OP
Duzzy

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Hydros and Intllab dosing pumps for ATO, AWC and dosing. The ATO and AWC pumps are in my garage. The tank is 35ft from the garage and the tubing is run up through the attic and down in the walls in PVC conduit. to Wall boxes on each end. So any leak would come out of one of the wall boxes. The comduit is insulated in the attic. The drain pump which is in the garage pulls water from the sump up the wall and across the attic down to the pump. From the pump it goes back up through the attic down a wall then comes out under the kitchen sink. It goes through a check valve and then to the kitchen sink drain. My DI and fresh saltwater reservoirs are in the garage with my mixing tank and RODI.
I’ll check them out. I’m going to insulate too.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be the consensus. Do you use any other brands? Will it pair to apex?
The Hydros dosing pumps are rebranded Kamoer pumps. The soon to be released X10 will have 4 precision Kamoer pumps along with a salinity port, pH port, 2 drive ports and 4 sense ports. It can be used stand alone. The drive ports can drive the Hydros simple dosing pumps also. If you only need two precision dosing pumps you can use the other two and a Hydros simple dosing pump and the iV to check alkalinity on a scheduled basis. That would require using the pH port for a pH probe in the iV but it also will take a pH reading before the test begins. You can also add the salinity probe in the iV and get that reading on a scheduled basis. The iV does require three dosing pumps but only the fill and reagent pumps need to be precision pumps. The drain pump can be a simple dosing pump. The only issue would be no Apex interface since Hydros is a controller system.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back