Which protein skimmer to buy?

Irish Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefer,

Just wondering if anyone could advise me on which protein skimmer would work best for me and my tank.
I'm looking for a skimmer that tends to run more quietly then others. Any advice or recommendations would be helpful, I'll be heading to the shop later on today.
The tank is a red sea reefer 350 with sump.

Thanks in advance

abw75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have same system as you; I used to have a Bubble Magus, but this year change it with a RedSea RSK600; The RS is more silent, skim much better - yet probably an overkill in such a tank; A RSK300 may do the job as well;
Honesltly I never owned a Nyos or other high end skimmers for comparation, but I am happy about my new RS - specially the cup cleaning system is very nice :)

OP
OP
Irish Reef

Irish Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have same system as you; I used to have a Bubble Magus, but this year change it with a RedSea RSK600; The RS is more silent, skim much better - yet probably an overkill in such a tank; A RSK300 may do the job as well;
Honesltly I never owned a Nyos or other high end skimmers for comparation, but I am happy about my new RS - specially the cup cleaning system is very nice :)

Thank you for the quick reply. I currently have a bubble magnus g7 but like you I'm unhappy with it so time to cut the cord and make the change. I did look at the ones you mentioned online eariler so ill research some more and check out the rsk300.

abw75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a lot of reading before buying it, and in my opinion RS have best price/quality/performance ratio; I am sure is not the best, but probably the best for the money

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back