Which rotary tool

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to get a rotary tool to do some fragging and cutting rock. Any recommendations on model? I’ve heard great things about dremel, but not which model. Thanks!

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the cordless dremel rotary tool and I wasn't a fan of it at all. The whole unit was very cheaply made and the batteries had to be recharged constantly. I ended up replacing it with a cheap harbor freight plugin rotary tool and I have been happy with that setup. I use the Dremel brand fiberglass reinforced cut off wheels when using them on corals. I keep a pitcher of tank water available on hand and do the operations in a plastic tote with a lid partially covering so I can control the spray during cutting or apply water during the cut.

thatsruff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thatsruff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this cordless Milwaukee kit from home Depot on sale and it is quite nice.

Dremels are fine, I have a couple, but it is just nicer.

OP
OP
pgravis

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the cordless dremel rotary tool and I wasn't a fan of it at all. The whole unit was very cheaply made and the batteries had to be recharged constantly. I ended up replacing it with a cheap harbor freight plugin rotary tool and I have been happy with that setup. I use the Dremel brand fiberglass reinforced cut off wheels when using them on corals. I keep a pitcher of tank water available on hand and do the operations in a plastic tote with a lid partially covering so I can control the spray during cutting or apply water during the cut.
I got this cordless Milwaukee kit from home Depot on sale and it is quite nice.

Dremels are fine, I have a couple, but it is just nicer.

thanks!

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, for a handheld the Dremel is fine. Cheap to run especially with off-brand cutters.

I'd recommend clamping the dremel in a vise and feeding fragging material into the tool, just be careful with fingers :).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back