Which should I get a lid or a ato system

andrewfishh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Messages
50
Reaction score
22
Location
noblesville
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in a predicament on which one I should get I would have to make a custom lid for my nano 10 g and hopefully that would cut down on evaporation . I know I need to get a lid just in case it just hasn’t been very high on my list of things I need . Or I get a ato system off of Amazon and then don’t have to keep toping off

What should I do
 
How did you use to attach the mesh to the egg crate?
I mixed up some 2-part epoxy and some ver the course of a couple days stretched it out and glued it down side by side, until it was all tight and solid.

It works pretty well and is significantly cheaper than buying a pre-made.
 
Upvote 0
I mixed up some 2-part epoxy and some ver the course of a couple days stretched it out and glued it down side by side, until it was all tight and solid.

It works pretty well and is significantly cheaper than buying a pre-made.
I’ll take some pictures later!
 
Upvote 0
Egg crate can work but many smaller fish like gobies and fire fish can get through. Mesh would be better IMO
EDIT: nevermind I see it is mesh and egg crate combined. Nice
I have a YWG in mine and he has never tried the suicide leap out. I’m not too worried about my current inhabitants. Now if I did have that issue I would add the mesh over the entire egg crate, which might be easier to do construction wise.
 
Upvote 0
Am i the only one who has never used a lid and never had a fish jump out? Never even had a firefish jump....

The tunze osmolator 3 nano is good. Ive been keeping reefs for 15 years and just started using ato's. They are awesome
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new