which tank would you pick?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would you guys take a waterbox 15g peninsula that cost twice cover IM 15g cube shape?
I like cubes especially on smaller tanks. The 15g Waterbox is awkward unless it is on a counter or desk. The AI is your best bet

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy the IM15 (waiting on mine actually), or find a similar Waterbox or Fiji Cube AIO. I’ve owned all three brands and each have their pros/cons. I would skip an insert, just not my thing personally.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought with the peninsula it will have a better swimming length for the fishes and bigger surface area for rocks/corals
But its narrow, like a lap pool at the gym... I can scape a cube better than a rectangle, but that is only my personal preference.

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy the IM15 (waiting on mine actually), or find a similar Waterbox or Fiji Cube AIO. I’ve owned all three brands and each have their pros/cons. I would skip an insert, just not my thing personally.
Similar waterbox options are cube 15 peninsula for $300CDN and cube 20g is $350 CDN. Fiji aio drop kit plus 20g long aqueon tank is $230CDN

IM 15g cube here in canada is $150
But its narrow, like a lap pool at the gym... I can scape a cube better than a rectangle, but that is only my personal preference.
Oh really?!

Gotta check out cube rock scapes to see how people do it

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought with the peninsula it will have a better swimming length for the fishes and bigger surface area for rocks/corals

Doesn't look like much swimming room once you factor in the AIO part anyways.

Maybe decide what fish you want before buying a tank...If you get your heart set on say a pygmy angel then the 20 long is now the winner. However if you just want clowns/gobies then any will do.

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like much swimming room once you factor in the AIO part anyways.

Maybe decide what fish you want before buying a tank...If you get your heart set on say a pygmy angel then the 20 long is now the winner. However if you just want clowns/gobies then any will do.
Nah I'm ok with not getting a pygmy angel ... just a small tank for now, affordable livestock and corals and getting experience at it .. and when I get a bigger place, I will get a bigger tank maybe a 50gallon

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still contemplating this huh? I've chimed in on both other posts you've had and I'm still for the IM15. Just for a price breakdown that you'll have to translate to Canadian prices
Im15:$100
Noopsyche K7 Mini:$85
Kraken Lid w/feed cup:$140ish
Caribsea Reef Sand:$15
Autoaqua Ato:$45
Bubble Magus Mini Q:$50
Future purchases=
Custom caddy:$30
Mightyjet 356:$120
Rock:TBD

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still contemplating this huh? I've chimed in on both other posts you've had and I'm still for the IM15. Just for a price breakdown that you'll have to translate to Canadian prices
Future purchases=
I use a Amazon 30w nicrew light and love it.

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Future purchases=
Nah I'm getting the IM

Just checking other brands I missed... forgot about the waterbox ..wasn't sure on comparing quality etc since I got no experience in tank brands

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Fluval just hate the peninsula style. Wanted a cube but at the time most were really high. This tank has been in my wife office for the last 6 months but shes is about to be going to the office more. So we want to bring it downstairs with the big tank.
Ahhh nice ... is it gonna be your personal tank?

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So was I... LOL... I ripped the whole filtration system out of my fluval and it was sitting in a bin, and I said this could work, for the fiji cube which comes with just a sock that I didn’t want to use (tired of socks)
IMG_9376.jpeg
You have a lot of faith in those brackets. Lol

Back