Which UPS store should I get my fish shipped to?

Solasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting some fish shipped to me next week. I am in Arizona where even at 8-9 AM, it can be 90-95. I have heard the best way is to have them shipped to a UPS store, so they are picked up from the airport and brought directly there. Doesn't have to sit on a truck for hours while the driver is on their path.

My question is, how do I know which UPS store is going to be the most direct(from airport) and easiest on the fish? I'm guessing some stores get their packages dropped off, just like the rest of us, through out the day.

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I highly doubt it’s going to the UPS store directly from the plane. They generally have to process through your area’s distribution center/hub first, and then are loaded onto the delivery trucks. The UPS store will probably be the truck’s first stop however.

OP
OP
S

Solasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt it’s going to the UPS store directly from the plane. They generally have to process through your area’s distribution center/hub first, and then are loaded onto the delivery trucks. The UPS store will probably be the truck’s first stop however.
Good point. I guess I would still like that though, do you know how to figure out which one would be the quickest for the fish?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not pick it up at your hub? Unless you need it to sit somewhere in airconditioning before you have a chance to pick it up.

OP
OP
S

Solasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not pick it up at your hub? Unless you need it to sit somewhere in airconditioning before you have a chance to pick it up.
I can pick it up when it is delivered, not sure where the hub is though. When I look it up I only see UPS stores and there is 15+ in my area.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't rely on picking up at the store.....that might be the last drop off/pick up for the day. Where I'm at, UPS/Fed Ex seem to have a pretty set route....they tend to pick stuff up at the end of the day from residences/drop offs. You may get lucky and get early drop off if it is early in the route.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just air ship and pickup at my local airport myself. why pay ups/ add potential risk. FYI yellow might be declaring bankruptcy on Monday which will mean their competitors will be busier than normal

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 84 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back