White Dots Appear on Glass At Night

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tiny white dots appear on my glass at night when the lights go out. What are they and should I get rid of them? They are gone in the morning.

13CDE329-6A08-4AD0-A521-3879AA0E53E5.jpeg

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tiny white dots appear on my glass at night when the lights go out. What are they and should I get rid of them? They are gone in the morning.
Hi. Did you find out what the dots are? I think I have the same. They only come out at night and do move around. I don't think they are Spirorbid Worms. I took a video tonight and zoomed in to see the antennas on them. They are not flat as you can see on the side glass they have depth to them(~1mm). Anybody with a positive ID as to what they are so I know if they are good or bad for my corals or not. Thanks.

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super late to this but did you ever find an answer I have to same exact thing. Wondering if they’re baby trochus snails

JPM San Diego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they are collonista snails. I have them too. I thought they were baby trochus snails at first. However, they never grow up to be anything larger. So far I have not had any issue with them. If you look for other links you will find aquarist who have had them jam pumps and filters. I would say they are a mixed blessing.

Michael Gentile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they are collonista snails. I have them too. I thought they were baby trochus snails at first. However, they never grow up to be anything larger. So far I have not had any issue with them. If you look for other links you will find aquarist who have had them jam pumps and filters. I would say they are a mixed blessing.
That’s really good to know, I guess like everything I’ll keep an eye out, especially during maintenance. Maybe a mandarin would go after them?

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s really good to know, I guess like everything I’ll keep an eye out, especially during maintenance. Maybe a mandarin would go after them?
Their population tends to self limit based on available food supply and will only get of hand if your CUC is out of balance and you overfeed too much. Mandarins do not eat them, but most wrasses do.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back