White dots on filaments

  • Thread starter Thread starter 737flyer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

737flyer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
38
Location
Brevard, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this could be? It just appeared on my glass overnight & is about 5” x 3”. It looks kind of like tiny eggs on strands but I can’t imagine what could lay so many! I do have a sleeeper banded goby that seems to be guarding them tho. I just saw it move a snail it thought was too close & it’s chasing the other fish away (including my other sleeper banded goby).
IMG_0589.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Do you have any snails?
Yes but these don’t look like my snail eggs. Those are just stuck on the glass in a curvy line. These are on long filaments that are waving off the glass.
 
Here is a video so you can see how the filaments blow around

 
Last edited:
The egg looking things are really small as you can see relative to my goby

IMG_0591.jpeg
 
Should I just leave it there?
Should be harmless however if you want to remove them, scraping into a net would be best. I at first feared eggs from nudibranch or pest but too large
 
Should be harmless however if you want to remove them, scraping into a net would be best. I at first feared eggs from nudibranch or pest but too large
I guess I’ll just leave them & see what happens. Whatever it is, that goby loves it. Chases away all the other fish that come close to it & even picked up & moved a snail that was coming its way lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new