White film? Algae?

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Messages
630
Reaction score
259
Location
Tom's River
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This white film on the cord of my uv sterilizer and other cords in my fish tank, what is it? I'd assume it to be algae. I've had this in freshwater tanks before, I believe. It comes off very easily and feels slimy. Just want to know what it is, is it good or bad, and how to minimize it or get rid of it all together. Seems like my cerith snail is eating it aswell.

IMG_20210707_131534967.jpg IMG_20210707_131524991.jpg
 
im getting this clear slimy film on my cords too.. first noticed it on the pump and tube of ATO reservoir. After water change, I now see it on my glass, the whole powerhead, and return pump, which shoots it back into DT
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new