White fuzz with bubbles?

ipunchedbigfoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, some background on my tank. It is a 32 gallon led biocube. It has been up and running for about 7 months. I started tank with dry rock/ live caribsea sand and did fish less cycle which took about a month. I run a protein skimmer, simple filter pad which I change often, and chemipure elite which I replace monthly. I have done consistent 10-15% weekly water changes from the start. I use 0 TDS RO/DI as my source water. I stocked slowly and my current livestock is 1 fire fish, 1 chalk bass, 1 hi fin red banded goby, 1 Springers damsel, and a few snails and hermits. I feed a half cube of frozen mysis daily (I rinse food with rodi water) and spot feed corals twice a week. I was lucky and did not have a very long ugly stage. When I first turned my lights on i had the normal very ugly diatom outbreak which only lasted about 3 weeks and cleared up. Since then my tank has been pest algae free for the most part besides the normal coloring of the rocks. I have pink coralline algae spotting my rocks and power heads. However for about 3 weeks now I've had 3 problem ares. A few spots of the red cyano pop up here and there and I have been siphoning it out. I have a white fuzz on my topmost rocks that collects bubbles and does become stringy, however when the lights go out the bubbles and strings go away. I also have light brown dusting in sand which reminds me of the diatoms I had when I was first in ugly stage, this dusting also goes away after the lights go out. I have tried reducing my lighting a little. Also should note that after my initial cycle my parameters have been pretty consistent.
Ammonia:0, Nitrite:0, PH: 7.8-8.1, dKH 7-8,
Nitrate:0, Phosphate:0, Calcium: 500, never test Magnesium. (I know I need to fix PH and dKH but they haven't hindered coral growth yet)(Also I understand nitrate and phosphate could be reading 0 because algae/could be consuming it.)

Thank you if you read all that and any input and advice appreciated.
20190304_181341.jpeg
20190304_185551.jpeg

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back