white spot in clownfish lips or mouth?

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I just realized that my clownfish has a white spot in his mouth or... I don't really know what it is. Should I be concerned?

Thank you!

IMG_0551.jpg

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be a scrape, especially if the other guy is ok... don't make any quick adjustments as that could create a problem (potentially).. were your parameters ok before the H2O change?

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that another white spot on its' cheek or just it's marking? Also have you just added anything new to the tank?

OP
OP
efrainrodz.94

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be a scrape, especially if the other guy is ok... don't make any quick adjustments as that could create a problem (potentially).. were your parameters ok before the H2O change?

I was due for my water change well today (Thursday), my ammonia was 0, nitrates 0 and nitrite 0 everything was looking well. I haven't checked my salinity.

OP
OP
efrainrodz.94

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that another white spot on its' cheek or just it's marking? Also have you just added anything new to the tank?

Is just marking, I added a green clown goby today but he is hiding and playing around the rocks. Maybe the clowns were fighting between each other? I am going to observe their behaviors

ReefGamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know much about this, but for some reason when I saw this I was thinking what a fish would look like if it got stung by a bristleworm seeing as what it does to humans. I imagine it looking like that lol

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are my babies and I get scared if anything happens to them.
You wouldn't be here otherwise... I TOTALLY GET THAT! Could just be stressed about the new guy too. I am sure, from what you said everything will be fine.. but keep us updated! I'm following you and the thread should any changes happen & plenty of others will jump in to help as well. BTW... They are SUPER cute! Can't wait to see pics of the new guy too!

OP
OP
efrainrodz.94

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wouldn't be here otherwise... I TOTALLY GET THAT! Could just be stressed about the new guy too. I am sure, from what you said everything will be fine.. but keep us updated! I'm following you and the thread should any changes happen & plenty of others will jump in to help as well. BTW... They are SUPER cute! Can't wait to see pics of the new guy too!
Thank you so much!!! Do you have pictures of your tank?? I would like to see it :D

here is the Instagram I created for my tank. If you see a banggai cardinal, he is gone :( I think someone bullied him and he was intimidated.

6BEA71C8-9161-472C-8F0C-4F9DF1A8BF22.png

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor guy. I have some of my now QT... I had a massive loss when first starting out, made some mistakes and learned from them (thanks to everyone here). I will be posting up the new 180 soon. LOVING YOUR TANK!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back