White Spots on Clowns

Nickstar401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting up a Fluval Evo 13.5. I added media from the sump, live rock and a couple gallons of water from the sump of a healthy, established tank. It cycled and then I added a pair of clowns from a local fish store. A day later I noticed white spots on one of the clowns. I dosed the tank with Ich-x that day. The next day the clown died. Attached is a picture of the clown (picture 1).

I now have waited a week to ensure the second clown is healthy.

Today I went out and bought another clown so that I still have a pair. About half an hour after introducing him to the tank he has very similar white spots (second picture). The original clown is still healthy. I have read about multiple things that this could be and cannot come to a conclusive result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Resized_20200412_210406.jpeg Resized_20200418_201530.jpeg

OP
OP
N

Nickstar401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
N

Nickstar401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I am wondering if this is my tank or the fish. All three fish are from the same batch at the fish store and are extremely young. It seems like it happened too fast to be my tank but I am questioning it now.

KTrevino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, treat all of the fish. As you probably read it is a very fast killer. The "disease" is already in your tank. It probably came from the store. Best to treat them in a QT tank. Allow the DT to go fishes for 42 days I think for velvet.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 102 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back