White Spots on Royal Gramma

WannabReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
16
Location
Tx
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I'm fairly new to the reef keeping hobby and currently have a pair of clown fish, a royal gramma, and a recently added a starry blenny to the tank. Today, I'm unfortunately requesting assistance with my royal gramma, as I've discovered some white spots on its side toward the front of the fish, and would like to see what y'all's opinion of what it may be is. The gramma has also began began opening its mouth widely, which I was able to capture in a photo. The white spots can be seen just to the right and slight down of the pectoral fin.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

OpenMouth.jpeg WhiteSpots.jpeg
 
Hello all!

I'm fairly new to the reef keeping hobby and currently have a pair of clown fish, a royal gramma, and a recently added a starry blenny to the tank. Today, I'm unfortunately requesting assistance with my royal gramma, as I've discovered some white spots on its side toward the front of the fish, and would like to see what y'all's opinion of what it may be is. The gramma has also began began opening its mouth widely, which I was able to capture in a photo. The white spots can be seen just to the right and slight down of the pectoral fin.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

OpenMouth.jpeg WhiteSpots.jpeg
These pics are dark making it impossible to clearly see anything
Please re-post using white bright light intensity, no blue please
 
Hey Vetteguy, thank you for the response. Hopefully these are better!
 

Attachments

  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 46

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new