View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning fish disease experts,

Here’s whats happening:
Divers den fish bought 4 yrs ago
Been through ttm, CP, prazipro.
Occasionally (3x year for few days to 1 wk), I will see a spot on its pectoral fin or dorsal fin. Never on the body but close to. I’ve chalked it up to Lympho because no other fish have it, the spots are one or few and larger then ich.

However the last 2 episodes I’m doubting Lympho. I can’t get a clear photo, but will describe what I’m seeing this episode:
4 days white cotton area on pectoral fin close to body. (This has never happened before.) Looked like when you see an insect on tree cotton-very sheer and lite. Now gone.
Immediately after cotton cleared on pec fin, it looked like 3 tiny spots between dorsal and body. Few days later looked like spots were very thin streamers, now they appear as very small nodules (more like Lympho). The fish is bothered by it and begs the cleaner shrimp for relief.

First impression this episode was a crazy parasite (cotton, streamers, nodules, gone) now I’m thinking a gram positive infection (infection, infection, dead tissue streamers, healing scar tissue) Idk

This morning the dorsal spots are 99% gone.

I’m setting up 20gal qt today, it should be an easy fish trap catch.
B28F1AC9-0612-41BB-8C15-563F6A922EA0.jpeg
CC2356A3-AD3D-412B-8796-C78E71836357.jpeg
937295A2-43A7-4025-BCD5-4BD706BCDC63.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish. Have been using Beta Glucan to treat the condition of Lympho. BG usually helps boost the fish's immune system and reduces or on some fish that respond well to BG, the symptoms completely disappear. Mix food + Focus + Beta Glucan.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish. Have been using Beta Glucan to treat the condition of Lympho. BG usually helps boost the fish's immune system and reduces or on some fish that respond well to BG, the symptoms completely disappear. Mix food + Focus + Beta Glucan.

Thanks Big G!

BG is certainly worth trying.

Your opinion here:
I’d love to not stress this guy out going into qt. Thinking about giving GC 1x daily for 3 months and see what happens. ?

I feed LRS in morning. (This is where I’d GC lace the LRS.). 12:00 and 3:00 automatic feeder drops pellets. Dinner is either a whole clam or nori sheet.

I have focus. Any suggestions on where to get GC?
And then how much GC to tsp of LRS? 1/2 capsule?

Thank you.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon sells a wide variety of the BG. That's where I found the most pure concentration.

I make fish "smoothies" for my fish every few days anyway, so adding a capsule to the mix of frozen foods + vitamins is easy peezy.

Best of luck with your very beautiful fish. I want one :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back