OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it definitely rubbed against the side of the tank and the rim of the bath (which had splashes of tank water on it) but never submerged and never connected while the air was off.

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That video of the regal shaking is similar to what mine was doing, but mine was doing it a lot more violently. Good luck!

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks good. Both dish eating. Should the kanaplex plus metroplex be making the water so cloudy (medicated tank in front, new water in back for reference)?

IMG_20170329_214610.jpg

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok it's hard to tell how cloudy it is... But let's just say it's mildly cloudy with the medication.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok it's hard to tell how cloudy it is... But let's just say it's mildly cloudy with the medication.

It can, yes. Just be sure you are doing water changes as instructed and adding the extra O2 to combat that. The cloudiness is usually a bacterial bloom.

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah weird that I'd get a bacterial bloom after adding antibiotics! I've got the same line I've been running the whole time oxygenating, so I'm hoping that will still be sufficient (it's one of two lines off the the tetra pump for 60g tanks http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/tetra-whisper-aquarium-air-pump). My suspicion is that is enough but I have no way to prove it!

I went nuts feeding them today because it was water change day and they both ate pretty aggressively. He looks MUCH better, he's hanging out in his PVC while I'm around and wandering the tank when I'm not.

So here's the schedule as it stands (bold is completed):
3/21/2017 - Day 1 - add fish (10 am)
3/23/2017 - Day 3 - Transfer (12:30 pm)
3/25/2017 - Day 5 - Prazi
3/26/2017 - Day 6 - Transfer (11:30 pm)
3/27/2017 - Day 7 - Metroplex, Kanaplex, acriflavin dip

3/29/2017 - Day 9 - Transfer (10:00 pm)
3/29/2017 - Day 9 - Metro + Kan to new tank

3/31/2017 - Day 11 - Transfer
3/31/2017 - Day 11 - Metro + Kan to new tank... hold off second prazi? not sure
4/02/2017 - Day 13 - Final transfer to 20g QT. Metro + Kan
4/04/2017 - Day 15 - Metro + Kan dose 4 (last dose)

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last temporary tank transfer today with prazi, metro and kan today. I doubled up the air pumps. I think his side is looking better but it's hard to tell, he's pretty cryptic. He eats a lot and seems otherwise pretty healthy. I'm excited to get them into a slightly bigger tank on Sunday.

IMG_20170331_220316.jpg

IMG_20170331_220335.jpg

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish have moved over to a 20L, they are still quite cryptic I think this is partially a function of being down in my basement (needed more room for TTM) and so they are getting less exposed to me and people in general.

I dosed Kan and Metro when I put them in the 20L and tomorrow I do the last dose. Should I do a water change first?

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT is pretty boring when there's nothing to read but a diaper box. (posting this picture mostly because it's pretty hard to even tell the angel is in a tank).

Last dose of antibiotics tonight. I guess the angel is looking good now. Undecided how long I'll keep it in the QT before going ahead and adding it.

IMG_20170404_202624.jpg

IMG_20170404_202539.jpg

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to check in.. how's the regal doing? DId you ever figure out why he was shaking and scratching?

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been meaning to update this. The answer is bad, unfortunately. I let a couple days pass and he seemed fine but when I added him to the DT he basically swam into a hole in the rocks and never came out. 24 hours later he kind of blew by in the current mostly unable to swim and keep right, I got him back in the qt but it was too late. This one was really upsetting because I felt like it had been through all of the protocols to get rid of disease, I felt like I was relatively careful and got him through. He was eating, swimming, no signs of disease etc.

In the end my guess is that it's just a stress thing. I've heard a lot of people talking about fish having that 1000 yard stare in pet stores and that meaning they are not likely to survive. This fish ALWAYS had that and it worried me from the start, sometimes on tank changes he'd adopt a pipe and that made me feel good but usually he just kind of stared out of the tank. I guess I should have just let him chill in QT for another couple weeks in hopes of him adapting a more typical fish behavior pattern, but in my limited experience I've seen a lot of fish go from looking crappy in QT the entire time and then suddenly thriving once added to the DT. I thought, well he's eating, he's swimming fine, I was hoping rocks and caves and flow and stuff would knock him out of the aimless stare. The gramma is fine, at least.

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear.

I just made an order to (Live Aquaria) QM for a maldives regal medium juv.. Hmmm big chance.. I was going to order from NYAquatic but I hear I think both are a hit and miss... NYA doesn't offer a 14 day gaurantee on their regals.

Was yours within the 2 week period?

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this one really bummed me out. I thought the fish was doing alright, was eating etc. When I put it in the tank it really just zombie swam into the rockwork and never came out until it was too late. My tank is not aggressive in any way either so it wasn't tank mates.

It sounds like you ordered exactly what I did, 125. He died on I think the 18th day but LA refunded me which was really generous of them. I really like them I just wish the fish arrived to me in better condition, ironically the regal was the only fish I ever received from them that wasn't keeled over and motionless on arrival. I have a feeling our ups guys are really rough with packages.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't let Fedex or UPS deliver live animals to me; I pick them up at the hub as soon as they arrive.

I know it's a PITA, but survival rate went WAY UP after making that change.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back