White worm ID

CristinaNTimothy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2023
Messages
307
Reaction score
219
Location
Brampton, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

I found a few worms in my filter socks this morning. Never seen these before but Could someone please help me out with an ID on this white worm. They look like a squirming worm with just observation but magnified you clearly see legs.

After some searching the closest I could come up with would be detritus worms…

Would this be correct? And if so I’m assuming they would be harmless.

Thank you

IMG_6475.png IMG_6473.jpeg
 
Looks more like amphipod which are harmless
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new