Whitefish roe from WholeFoods for clownfish that won’t eat

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish in QT hasn’t eaten in over a week and is getting weak. I’m desperate to get something in his belly. My WholeFoods has whitefish roe processed only with salt that I can get tomorrow. Any thoughts on this as a food to get him eating again?

OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live bbs, live 3-day brine shrimp, pe mysis flakes, frozen spiulina bs, hikari micro pellets, omega one pellets, seaweed extreme pellets, tiger pods.

OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was in copper power and general cure for the past week after his friend died of velvet. Since his friend died, he won’t eat. He is losing energy.

OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I gave him an 150 ppm h2o2 bath while I cleaned out his tank and stuff with H2O2 and 100% water change. I’m hoping he will eat if he off the meds.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried adding a drop of garlic to the food (or even just mush up some fresh and put some juice on it)? Sometimes the smell entices them.

What about cutting flow to see if he will eat off the bottom? That way he doesn't have to work hard to get it (since he is weak).

I have found Calanus to be good for picky eaters too.

Edit: Wait, is he still in copper? Is he still in general cure? Did you only treat him for 1 week?

The meds are appetite suppressants but 1 week isn't long enough for guaranteed treatment. Still, I would see if you can get him eating and out of the meds. Mixing medications is never ideal. One at a time is better unless there is an urgent need for both.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched his tank to clean water yesterday hoping I could get his appetite back. I always cut flow 20 minutes when I feed him. I have selcon that I have tried with some foods. No luck

OP
OP
Gretchacha

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried adding a drop of garlic to the food (or even just mush up some fresh and put some juice on it)? Sometimes the smell entices them.

What about cutting flow to see if he will eat off the bottom? That way he doesn't have to work hard to get it (since he is weak).

I have found Calanus to be good for picky eaters too.

Edit: Wait, is he still in copper? Is he still in general cure? Did you only treat him for 1 week?

The meds are appetite suppressants but 1 week isn't long enough for guaranteed treatment. Still, I would see if you can get him eating and out of the meds. Mixing medications is never ideal. One at a time is better unless there is an urgent need for both.
Does straight up garlic work better than selcon? I will try this tomorrow

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back