Whitemouth Moray Eel

CodyAHurley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to set up a 125-150g saltwater aquarium up here in the next few months and I was wondering if anybody has had experiences or has knowledge about keeping Whitemouth Moray Eels? I have done a lot of research, but wanted to see if anybody has had these eels before. Also - does anyone know of anywhere I can purchase one of these eels? Nobody has had any in stock for a quite a while and it is the prime predatory fish that I am aspiring to own.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not one of the commonly kept eels, and may not come around that often. You will likelky have better luck getting your lfs to check with their distributors, uncommon fish like this may be available at whoesalers and just not purchased by retailers. You could also reach out to some online retailers and they may help you find one.

This is a good size fang tooth moray that likely won't be able to be kept with any fish that would be ok in a 125g.

xtian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how big that eel gets nor did I do the research. But I went back to my local forum to find this old video I thought you’d find interesting. Have a plan for when/if it gets massive. The tank in the video is a 12 footer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back