Whitemouth Moray Eel

CodyAHurley

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to set up a 125-150g saltwater aquarium up here in the next few months and I was wondering if anybody has had experiences or has knowledge about keeping Whitemouth Moray Eels? I have done a lot of research, but wanted to see if anybody has had these eels before. Also - does anyone know of anywhere I can purchase one of these eels? Nobody has had any in stock for a quite a while and it is the prime predatory fish that I am aspiring to own.
 
They are not one of the commonly kept eels, and may not come around that often. You will likelky have better luck getting your lfs to check with their distributors, uncommon fish like this may be available at whoesalers and just not purchased by retailers. You could also reach out to some online retailers and they may help you find one.

This is a good size fang tooth moray that likely won't be able to be kept with any fish that would be ok in a 125g.
 
I don’t know how big that eel gets nor did I do the research. But I went back to my local forum to find this old video I thought you’d find interesting. Have a plan for when/if it gets massive. The tank in the video is a 12 footer.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new