Who’s got blind fish that are currently thriving

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EBF8786B-B513-40D0-BBE5-15FC40362F15.jpeg
So I have a pink skunk clownfish, age unknown. I believe she’s blind because she dose not swim center of the tank and will skim the tanks parameter to get around. I have her pair who does look after her but it seems as if he’s ready to take her role as head female (I have two midnight clowns also) she’s friendly dose not scare when one approaches and I have learned that she loves nori although I understand that’s not sufficient enough for her health.

I want to here from other people who have or potentially have blind fish, I’ve had her for 4 months and she’s as happy as a tornado in a trailer park.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blind Nearly Naked clown that lives pretty happily. Didn't realize he was blind until transfering tanks a couple of times through an upgrade last fall. He was so lost after the different moves... Once I figured it out and was able to scoop him up by hand and place him into an anemone I knew he must be blind. He was mating with his partner and prior to all the moves there were 3 anemones they shared. He's currently only got one anemone but I make sure it gets plenty of food and the clown picks it from the tentacles. He does get lost every now and again and the female tries like there's no tomorrow to guide him home. I usually intervene after a couple of hours and scoop him up and bring him home again.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a blind pink tail trigger for 2 years. She would stick her head out the rocks at feeding time, and I would stick feed her. I've made a few post about blind fish, as I have encountered a few over 3 decades of fish keeping. The pink tail was the most success I ever had, she was the very fat, as I likely spoiled her. While it was tedious at times, I enjoyed caring for her very much.

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blind Nearly Naked clown that lives pretty happily. Didn't realize he was blind until transfering tanks a couple of times through an upgrade last fall. He was so lost after the different moves... Once I figured it out and was able to scoop him up by hand and place him into an anemone I knew he must be blind. He was mating with his partner and prior to all the moves there were 3 anemones they shared. He's currently only got one anemone but I make sure it gets plenty of food and the clown picks it from the tentacles. He does get lost every now and again and the female tries like there's no tomorrow to guide him home. I usually intervene after a couple of hours and scoop him up and bring him home again.

going to be honest that is such a cute story haha

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a porcupine puffer that lost an eye and almost the other one. I cant keep him in DT because its too hard to get him enough food. I have had to keep him in a smaller Tank trying to get a system going with feedings. He misses the food and my other fish gobble it up. Anyway he is happy and healthy!!!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a porcupine puffer that lost an eye and almost the other one. I cant keep him in DT because its too hard to get him enough food. I have had to keep him in a smaller Tank trying to get a system going with feedings. He misses the food and my other fish gobble it up. Anyway he is happy and healthy!!!
Awesome that you take such good care of your puffer. I admire your love of your fish. Awesome. Well done. Well done!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back