Who do you use to buy fish online and why?

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s hear who you order online fish from and why!

Seeing I am in the beginning of a rest due to the 3 day power outage that took out everything in both my 600 and 240 I’m compiling a list of wants and needs to start getting them into QT so the tanks don’t sit empty to long. All QT meds should be here next week while I’m on my business trip.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The three places I’ve ordered from online and all been happy with are:

LiveAquaria (both regular and DD)
BlueZoo Aquatics
KP Aquatics

Not familiar with KP Aquatics. I’ll have to look them up. Thank you for your input!

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar with KP Aquatics. I’ll have to look them up. Thank you for your input!
I realize I didn’t answer your why part of your post.

My first online order ever was from BlueZoo since I saw one of my favorite shops in South Florida had boxes and boxes from them and I figured I’d order directly from them after I moved away from Florida.

KP Aquatics was recommended to me by a Reefer friend when I was on the hunt for red St. Thomas mushrooms a few years ago. The have a great selection of locally harvested livestock and great pricing to match.

Just placed two livestock orders from LiveAquaria since they had a deal where you get a gift card for buying a tank through them. Over the years I always wanted to buy from them, but just never had. I’ve been pleased with my two livestock orders and have a third coming this next week to finish out my gift card.

Hopefully others chime in with other sites. I’m always looking for where to source livestock too as the LFS’s near me aren’t it.

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA and DD for the guarantee, variety and email notice when something I’m waiting for is in stock. Not always the best for inverts in my experience though.

Marine Collectors for specialty items that require that extra level of care and acclimating to feedings, and comes pre-quarantined (or pre-treated at least)

Pacific East Aquaculture, they are sponsor here (I think) and have quality inverts.

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live aquaria, Divers Den and Humblefish Aquatics . I have been in touch with Elliot at Marine Collectors about sourcing a Reticulated Butterfly. He comes highly recommended.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other suggestions? Plan is to start placing orders the end of the month this way the reset is complete by the time everyone gets out of QT.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeflifeaquariums is local to me and ships. I think they may mainly use LA. Either way I've seen their shipments and 99% of the time everything is top notch. May be worth a look.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order with LA. Can’t beat their prices on sale. They just had 20% and free shipping over 149. I picked up 5 fish, gobies and angels.

I don’t QT. The last shipment I got from them last year went in no problem. I lost 1 of 6 chromis. My wrasse, 5 other chromis, 2 anthias all doing great.

BayouReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received 2 tangs today from Marine Collectors. A Desjardini Tang and a White Tail tang. Within minutes of completing the drip acclimation and putting them in the tank both Beautiful, healthy and doing great. Couldn’t be more happy with the fish I received From Elliot!

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA regular inventory 5 of 6 fish came in DOA. Last one had some intestinal parasites that I had to eradicate. LA DD, 2 for 2. Both are currently in my QT and doing well. Can’t beat LA’s 14 day guarantee, but expect to receive unhealthy fish from there general stock. I will be ordering some inverts from AlgaeBarn once they get more snails in stock. Love me some AlgaeBarn!!!

Sea Witch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
L.A. regular and divers den, K.P aquatics are the 2 I like best. They are healthy and nearly always make it through the quarantine process. And if they dont they return your money ASAP. I have not had much success from lfs. I hate to say it but I'm done buying fish from small stores. I'd rather pay more for the fish and shipping than buy fish that dont have much chance of making it.

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to think the fish from KP would come in super healthy due the short supply chain. Is that what you found? I am considering the mom for both a Queen and French angel and some live rock.
L.A. regular and divers den, K.P aquatics are the 2 I like best. They are healthy and nearly always make it through the quarantine process. And if they dont they return your money ASAP. I have not had much success from lfs. I hate to say it but I'm done buying fish from small stores. I'd rather pay more for the fish and shipping than buy fish that dont have much chance of making it.

Sea Witch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to think the fish from KP would come in super healthy due the short supply chain. Is that what you found? I am considering the mom for both a Queen and French angel and some live rock.
Yes and they will go out and get exactly what you want. Nice sized and healthy. Definitely recommend

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use NY Aquatics ,, Aqua Locker ,, all the fish I have ordered from these two R2R sponsors vendors ,, I couldn't be happier with ,, both vendors have sent me some awesome fish ,, I have a Flame Wrasse ordered from another R2R vendor ,, they will be shipping today ,, I have never used this vendor ,, Tide Pool Aquatics ,, just couldn't pass up their asking price on this fish ,, I will post a review on this vendor in the Forum in a few days ,,

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back